Caption Competition!

tmarps

JW: You know Daisy, my favorite relationship in Episode 9 was when the 80 something Lando makes a sexual hoot call pass at the 20 something Jannah. So fitting, so appropriate, so wonderful. What do you think?

Daisy: 

JW: "...and then he said he had some new ideas for your theme in The Last Jedi, so I started leaving threatening messages on his phone at three in the morning. Kathy told me a few weeks later that Michael wasn't interested in scoring Star Wars anymore."

Daisy:

JW: "And then I told Kathy that if anyone else touches your theme, I'll kill them."

80755922_172696403935314_193747699712129

JW: You know, I named one cue for the movie "Off the Waterfront", as a homage to my dear friend and mentor Leonard Bernstein.

Daisy: Wait, Leonard who? Are you talking about that character from The Big Bang Theory?

JW: No, the guy who scored the classic Marlon Brando movie "On the Waterfront".

Daisy: Oh, yeah, I love Marlon Brando! He was great as that guy interviewing the Joker! Great performance!

JW: ...

22 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

Do we know if Bernstein ever said anything about Williams' music?

He probably did. After all, Williams wrote a piece for his birthday.

I looked everywhere for a quote, interview, or just about anything mentioned in writing. Couldn't locate a single statement. Probably the only person who knows about such comments 30 years after Bernstein's death... is Williams. Which is a pity. I love Bernstein's lectures and his passion for music, and sometimes I wonder if he would apply some of the same quotes he has about various composers' music to Williams' music as well.

The biggest miss is probably that this musical "Poe Dameron", if it's not sacrilegious to describe him that way, never conducted Williams. A suite from just about any of the 1970s / 1980s Williams film in the hands of Bernstein could have been an instant film music classic. Alas, he was from a generation earlier, and in essence, a generation too early for that. The earliest born people to conduct Williams' music came from his own generation, didn't they?

[Edit: @Bespin's Discography seems to suggest that the only person from a generation earlier who conducted a recording of Williams' music was Stan Kenton (b. 1911), who conducted the Prelude and Fugue in 1965]

7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Morton Gould

Henry Mancini

Gould (b. 1913) is ok.

Mancini, however (b. 1924) is only 8 years older, how is he a "previous generation"?

Anyway, that's still only two, so my point stands.

But Mancini doesn't count. And neither (obviously) does Gerhardt. The point here is that while numerous first league conductors of Williams' generation or later conducted his music, none of those from a generation before (like Lenny) did.

45 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

John, do you know Rise Of Skywalker has only made 936 mil, worldwide?

Yes, I do, and 10 of those mil belong to me.

"It's because the movie is crappy and we are being humiliated by Frozen and Jumanji on some foreign markets, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but then again we'll earn a ton of money from merchandising, residuals, etc. More money for me to buy more turtlenecks and high quality music sheets!"

"Geez, don't you spend more money on something else?"

"What about a nice quiet little dinner by candlelight on an Italian restaurant, where everyone can recreate the classic scene from Lady and the Tramp?"

"Great idea! Do you know any restaurant like this? You know, I'm dating Timothee Chalamet, and we're wanting to go to some quiet restaurant... John? Are you okay? Do you want me to call the doctors?"

John and Daisy share a kiss and they're surrounded by Ewoks. Turns out Hans Zimmer is John's father and JJ is Daisy's brother. JJ burns down the last copy of Rian's The Last Jedi. George, Jar Jar and Rian reappear as ghosts. Mark Hamill sings the Life Day Song from the Holiday Special. The End.

Written and Directed by THE FORCE