John Williams to conduct the Cleveland Orchestra November 13 2022

Jay

Historically he's always conducted every piece, but post-pacemaker he sometimes only does the second half, like the last couple times I saw him at Symphony Hall in Boston

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

You think he's going to conduct more pieces in Cleveland than he will at Tanglewood?

I haven't even thought about that. Although I'd say that if he's officially announced as the conductor, I'd assume he's at least doing half the concert, which would be more than in Tanglewood. And it very much looks like he's doing the full thing in Vienna, twice, so perhaps he's feeling up to it again for Cleveland as well. Anyway, my main point was that if he's officially listed as the conductor, that's more of a commitment than being host for Film Night.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Historically he's always conducted every piece, but post-pacemaker he sometimes only does the second half, like the last couple times I saw him at Symphony Hall in Boston

Yep. Same thing when I saw him in Chicago.

• 1 month later...

Think Williams will still do this show with everything else Coronavirus is canceling? 

It hadn't really occurred to me but would orchestras themselves be considered risky 'mass gatherings', given the proximity of all musicians? 

Something I haven't really thought about but definitely a concern for someone of Williams' age. 

I'm not sure, because the cases in Ohio so far are in Cleveland and Case Western Reserve is closed. I think they'd wait until closer to the date to say for sure though. Everything has been last minute here. 

I would be mightily surprised if it WASN'T cancelled. This Corona thing is suppposed to last for months, if not a year, so all cultural events throughout the year are in danger. And most certainly with an 87-year-old man at the helm, even though he's healthier than most.

25 minutes ago, moi said:

Oh, even this place is not free from bad corona jokes! 🙈

Well, it is just the outer layer that is not free from corona.  

On 3/18/2020 at 10:19 AM, moi said:

Oh, even this place is not free from bad corona jokes! 🙈

Please enact some social distancing, especially on JWFan.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. I don’t know anything about that code, sorry. I had tickets from the original cancelled date and they emailed me last week with the option to keep the identical seats. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...