Howard Shore's The Lost Prince (2020)

Jay

Howard Shore Scoring Michel Hazanavicius’s ‘The Lost Prince’ (‘Le prince oublié’)

Howard Shore (The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Silence of the Lambs, The Aviator, Hugo) has recently scored the upcoming French family fantasy adventure The Lost Prince (Le prince oublié). The film is directed by Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist, OSS 117) and stars Omar Sy, François Damiens and Bérénice Bejo. The movie follows a devoted single father who takes his daughter into “Storyland”, a fantasy film studio where their extraordinary fairytale adventures come to life. Hazanavicius also co-wrote the screenplay with Bruno Merle and Noé Debré (Dheepan, Racer and the Jailbird). Philippe Rousselet (Source Code, Lord of War, What Happened to Monday) and Jonathan Blumental are producing the project. The Lost Prince will be released in French theaters on January 29, 2020.

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/12/16/howard-shore-scoring-michel-hazanaviciuss-the-lost-prince-le-prince-oublie/

What the hell !? I saw the trailer before TROS at my local cinema and even though it looks surprisingly full of VFX for a French film, I thought the soundtrack would be handled by a nobody. Maybe they are looking to actually distribute this film internationally. 

A kid movie about/set on France? So, maybe can we expect a new score like Hugo? I would not oppose that, really like the Hugo main theme:

Aside from that, has Shore ever done a kid's movies? (and no Hobbit jokes, please).

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2020 at 5:27 PM, crocodile said:

The Last Mimzy!

Karol

I personally found that score a rather anonymous affair.

Just got done listening to this.  It was nice, very pleasant.  Not particularly compelling or engaging.

One part reminded me of the Erebor theme.

• 1 month later...

On Spotify, eh? Good to know!

Listening to the first track now.

Sounds charming enough.

There's some French accordeon in there.

But could there also be a bit of a Spanish influence...?