Fabulin

JWFan Vienna meeting (Saturday, 18.01.2020)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming? (certain answers only)

• Yes. Let's meet in a restaurant / bar
    • -
  2. 2. Are "you" plural?

• Yes, with one more person
    • Yes, with two
    • Yes, with three
    • Yes, with four
    • No.

Would love to meet you all, but will be at the Staatsoper on Saturday evening. I will be attending the concert on Sunday, if any of you would like to meet for a drink afterwards!

18 hours ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

I am willing to call the diners and book some tables for Saturday after the concert, as long as we

1. agree on a place,

2. have a definite list of attendees early enough to book succesfully.

Marvellous, thank you! I'd like to meet you all, especially Marian and StormLord - we tried last year, despite of the circumstances, didn't we? ;-)

Let's hope we find a place not too far from the Musikverein and, please, not too late (I intend to drive home to Graz afterwards) ... looking forward to seeing you all and chatting about past and present (!) experiences! <3

Bye,

Martinland and family

Looks like I'll have to coordinate with at least three groups after the concert, but I expect I'll at least stop by briefly. Possibly with some others tagging along, if there's room. Candidate restaurants that come to my mind (and that I've already mentioned in the other thread) would be Gmoakeller (behind the Konzerthaus) and Beograd (in the 4th district).

22 hours ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

I need a complete list

Did you forget us three inhabitants of Martinland? ;)

22 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Looks like I'll have to coordinate with at least three groups

Woah - I thought you are going to take it easy after the vacation and to enjoy the event in a stressless manner? ;) (looking forward to meeting you in any case)

It's hard to say for me because I'm traveling with a family member and I can't really say what our plans are exactly. I wouldn't mind dropping in for a bit at some point even if only to say hi.

Karol

1 hour ago, Martinland said:

Woah - I thought you are going to take it easy after the vacation and to enjoy the event in a stressless manner? ;) (looking forward to meeting you in any case)

"Coordinate" as in "do stuff with and see how I can fit all that together".

1 hour ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

18:00-18:15 (30-45 minutes after the "end" of the concert), so that we have enough time to listen to encores, get jackets, assemble, and saunter to the establishment.

Sounds wonderful - thank you very much for this (can you PM me your phone number, just in case?)... excitement is building up; cautiously (after last year) - this will be an amazing, but suspenseful event, just consider this:

Nearly 25 years ago I was worried when someone of the London Symphony announced a change of plans right on the stage at the Barbican before the concert. My heart sank for a dreadful moment until he continued and explained something of the first violin player having been exchanged. *ooph*

Now we now this to be peanuts. ;-D

This will be a tremendous debut and concert entrance for Maestro Williams - let us make him feel proud and welcome right from the start - ah, that moment, so much anticipation...

See you all in a couple of days!

Martin

On 1/15/2020 at 4:37 PM, First TROS March Accolyte said:

I booked our reservation. Further infos in priv.

Hi pal!

I’m that guy.  I’m sorry.  I don’t suppose you’d be prepared to add my wife and I to this reservation?

12 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Hi pal!

I’m that guy.  I’m sorry.  I don’t suppose you’d be prepared to add my wife and I to this reservation?

I booked exactly two more than there is of us currently. I am all the Sith.

1 minute ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

I booked exactly two more than there is of us currently. I am all the Sith.

Ha, that made me laugh - thank you and PM safely received.  Be with me!

Paul, I hope you returned safely and soon will share the picture taken after our food *finally* did arrive and actually did *stay* on the table. LOL

This will be a special photograph to me, as all three of us will be on there; we managed to take one at the Café before the concert when it began to snow, but somehow - in all the excitement - we forgot to have one taken of us in full concert regalia at the Musikverein. oO

Thank you all for the enjoyable moments with you! <3

1 hour ago, Martinland said:

Paul, I hope you returned safely and soon will share the picture taken after our food *finally* did arrive and actually did *stay* on the table. LOL

This will be a special photograph to me, as all three of us will be on there; we managed to take one at the Café before the concert when it began to snow, but somehow - in all the excitement - we forgot to have one taken of us in full concert regalia at the Musikverein. oO

Thank you all for the enjoyable moments with you! <3

I am still waiting for my flight - it's delayed one hour, so you'll have to wait a bit more. You can forward all your late photo complaints to WizzAir in the meantime!

It's tricky taking pictures of each other inside the Musikverein, though. We succeeded in taking a few, but one of the ushers promptly ran towards us, saying that no photographs are allowed. It was after the concert, and already outside the Großer Saal, so it seemed strange. Is the whole building copyrighted or something? 😀

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

FINALLY a picture from the social stuff. Thanks, BioDome!

It was a very friendly evening with lots of talking about everything. Just slightly disappointed that I didn't properly check the resulting images right there and then. Lesson for the future, I suppose!

7 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Bit miffed I'm cut out of the picture. I want my tip back!

Yes, next time we check the picture and then we tip. ;)

BTW: Would have liked to talk to you more, but you

were on the other end of the table and time flew

by so extremely quickly - at least we did ex-

change a couple of sentences before

our all-too-soon departure. <3