New Jerry Goldsmith Projects in 2020?

Brundlefly

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 10:14 PM, The Big Man said:

Starship Troopers, Spartacus (ughhh!), Predator 2, The Omen 40th, just to name a few. They even put out a reissue of Elfman's So-Lo album that sounded nowhere near as good as the 80s MCA CD.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:48 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

Now you're exaggerating.

Yeah, titles limited to a few thousand copies they usually order batches of only 500 copies or so, and wait for those to sell out before ordering a new batch.

All but one of those were not overseen by us. They were overseen by the former producer. The Elfman master is given to us by Universal Music. Not much one can do with label owned masters. Agree, disagree, no offense nothing i can say will keep you from attacking me.

2 hours ago, BryonDavis said:

All but one of those were not overseen by us. They were overseen by the former producer. The Elfman master is given to us by Universal Music. Not much one can do with label owned masters. Agree, disagree, no offense nothing i can say will keep you from attacking me.

I didn't mean to attack you at all, Bryon. I tried to understand how your statements fitted with my own observations.

54 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I didn't mean to attack you at all, Bryon. I tried to understand how your statements fitted with my own observations.

Sorry, was answering on a phone and it tagged you.  You are always a good guy.  The other guy constantly trolls to a point I will usually ignore it but if he bothered to look at the credits on the albums he says he has problems with, he'd see who was responsible.  Elfman is what it is simply due to the fact label deals with the majors are manufacturing deals.  They will not allow you to do a whole new mix/remaster.  All we can do is work with what they have already transferred.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:51 PM, Yavar Moradi said:

And what years did those come out? I’m pretty sure your “these days” comment is off the mark because those are from years ago.

To me The Omen 40th was fine, practically the same as the older Deluxe Edition.

The worst was definitely the Peggy Sue Got Married Deluxe Edition.

Yavar

I agree.  Cocoon was brickwalled way beyond acceptable IN MY opinion.  Would never have happened had we worked on it.

On 12/16/2020 at 12:08 AM, Yavar Moradi said:

I merely pay attention and notice when improvements are made. I appreciate the hard work the labels do, but I did point out some past albums of theirs I thought were mastered poorly. But I don’t believe there have been any such since Townson’s departure. And when he was there it was really only one problematic mastering engineer.

Yavar

Bingo.

On 12/16/2020 at 9:02 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

He's... special.

He sure is.

How the fuck am I supposed to know about the internal operations and personnel turnover of an overseas private company? I just receive the end product and end up disappointed the sound quality is crap. Seems like you're in damage control mode.

I dunno Jerry, it's pretty wide knowledge that Robert Townson was in charge of Varese for decades and all those brickwalled masters came out under his watch, and since Cary and Bryon took over from Robert after he left, that no longer happens.  I dunno how you happened to miss this information that the rest of us all know, but now you know too, so I dunno why you're still complaining.