John Williams Best Score Oscar Nomination for The Rise of Skywalker!

crumbs

I can’t seem to find the 12-days reference anywhere online, so, my apologies if that isn’t true, but I swear that I’ve seen that number somewhere.

Still, there are plenty reports of a troubled production due to a way too tight schedule.

Star Wars 9: ‘We have a VERY SHORT schedule’ Rise of Skywalker editor on tight deadline

Disney Should Have Delayed ‘Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker’ To 2020

How Aggressive Schedules Affected the 'Rise of Skywalker' Editing

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Got Made On the Run

22 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Not Speaking from my perspective. From my perspective the entire score is great. I love all of it. I am going by the general audience's perspective. And for them, this episode did not have a stand out score.

The only film music general audiences are aware of is Let it Go from Frozen and the (non) Zimmer BWAAMtm and that's about it. They can go die in a hole.

4 hours ago, rough cut said:

I can’t seem to find the 12-days reference anywhere online, so, my apologies if that isn’t true, but I swear that I’ve seen that number somewhere.

Still, there are plenty reports of a troubled production due to a way too tight schedule.

A former colleague tried to convince me once that Star Wars was unbombable - the idea that there were enough hardcore SW fans that would go to see the film even if it turned out to be terrible.

I agree on one factor, which is that provided the film has enough fan service, and the main characters are at least vaguely interesting, the story can be a load of crap and most seriious SW fans will still flock to see it. In that sense, more editing time just to make the story a bit better may not be something Disney/KK/JJ were worried about.

Interesting thought!

But that sounds like hybris to me, and a business model that wouldn’t stand the test of time - be it Star Wars, Coca-Cola, JWFan or any other brand.

Over time, the brand would be hollowed out, with only the hardcore fans standing by it - but they’d be grounded in the original product. Not the new, sub-par products that are being sold. And no new consumers would flock to the brand.

Over time, with only the past to hold on to, the brand would disappear from the market all together as consumers would move on to different products that meet consumer demand.

Consumers might be loyal, but not stupid, and nobody wants to pay for crap.

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

Consumers might be loyal, but not stupid, and nobody wants to pay for crap.

I get your main point, but this last point seems off.  Perhaps nobody wants to pay for crap, but obviously millions of people do pay for crap.  

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Perhaps nobody wants to pay for crap, but obviously millions of people do pay for crap.  

Yes, well, I meant over time.

Obviously, we’ve all payed for crap at one point or another.

:)

12 hours ago, rough cut said:

Star Wars 9: ‘We have a VERY SHORT schedule’ Rise of Skywalker editor on tight deadline

Disney Should Have Delayed ‘Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker’ To 2020

How Aggressive Schedules Affected the 'Rise of Skywalker' Editing

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Got Made On the Run

I’m not denying that they needed more time - I think they should have delayed the film until perhaps May 2020. But there have also been a lot of over the top/false rumors spread around. :)

• 9 months later...