92nd Academy Awards (2020 ceremony for 2019 films)

Jay

Just now, Koray Savas said:

Nah, just have to call out your continuous objectification of women. 

No, you think women are weaker than men and need your round-the-clock protection, when in reality women enjoy a good perve like anyone else.

12 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Nah, just have to call out your continuous objectification of women. 

No, you're white knighting. I've been around plenty of women who talk about men the same way. Saying you like to see a person whom you find physically attractive, is not misogynist (or misandrist). Lol.

5 minutes ago, KK said:

Cynthia Erivo is beautiful!

Relevant to your interests: one of her first notable stage roles was in a production of John Adams’ musical I Was Looking at the Ceiling and Then I Saw the Sky

Why so many commercials for Quibi, when it doesn't even launch until April?  Or why not just launch it now when there's already seemingly enough little videos to get you started.  Weird

OK Corden and Wilson making fun of cats was the funniest bit so far tonight

9 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Relevant to your interests: one of her first notable stage roles was in a production of John Adams’ musical I Was Looking at the Ceiling and Then I Saw the Sky

Neat! Super underrated work. 

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

OK Corden and Wilson making fun of cats was the funniest bit so far tonight

Seemed desperate to me.

Earlier in the night we were remarking that Brad Pitt and Leonardo haven't aged at all

Now its like damn Elton John and Randy Newman be old

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Some of these commercials are really long.  Does American Idol really need to a full minute to remind people it's coming back?

I thought it was part of the show it lasted so long. Then the American Idol logo came up and I realized it was just a commercial...

Loved that they played a little bit of "Farewell" and "Speeder Chase"! (and live, not just recorded!)

Alas, the Academy massively snubbed Williams yet again, but we're all used to that at this point. :(

1 minute ago, ATXHusker said:

Totally undeserving win for Joker, what a boring score!  I’m sure it’s because she’s a woman.  Lots of girl power going on tonight...

...to be honest, while it's not interesting on its own - Hildur's score is extremely effective in the film.  As well as her work on Chernobyl.  She did the job, and did it well.  So please don't make excuses for her win.

Congrats to Hildur! Hope to hear more interesting work from her.

Just now, Will said:

Alas, the Academy massively snubbed Williams yet again, but we're all used to the awards being a complete joke at this point. 

Nah. His wasn't even the best score of the nominees, to be honest. He never had a chance.

The arrangement for the original music was funny, especially hearing them try Joker and Little Women.

2 minutes ago, Joe Brausam said:

...to be honest, while it's not interesting on its own - Hildur's score is extremely effective in the film.  As well as her work on Chernobyl.  She did the job, and did it well.  So please don't make excuses for her win.

Indeed. 

Best Picture - Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Best Director - Michael Dougherty

Best Actor - Kyle Chandler

Best Actress - Vera Farmiga

Best Supporting Actor - Ken Watanabe

Best Supporting Actress - Millie Bobby Brown

2 minutes ago, Joe Brausam said:

So you’re telling me I can’t have an opinion?  Alrighty then...

I saw and loved the movie, but didn’t care for the music.  IMO she won because she’s a woman and not because of merit.