Most Wanted Live... Piece+Orchestra+Venue?

APBez

What's the JW piece that you would most like to hear performed live, that's never been performed live before to your knowledge, conducted live by JW, by which orchestra and where?

I'm really curious to learn more from others' thoughts about the sum of the piece + the orchestra + the venue and the trade-offs involved perhaps. The venue could even be a studio, with no audience - apart from you.

FWIW, the vibe in the RAH in London in 2018, even in JW's absence was such that this would be my chosen venue, overriding the substandard acoustics and I'd want a crowd (as desirable as Abbey Road and me alone is also).. LSO would be my chosen orchestra because of their brass section... though maybe they only sound so good, so clean and so powerful in a studio? The piece... maybe "Wrong Choice, Right Choice" segueing into the "Finale" from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

Map Room Dawn, Vienna Philharmonic, Musikverein, Vienna, Austria

March of the Resistance, Berlin Philharmonic, Berliner Philharmonie, Berlin, Germany

Both of these have been performed live before (if you count LTP performances for the former).

The Temple of Doom (the track). Preferably by LSO + LSO Chorus + whatever other players needed, in the Royal Albert Hall with the lights dimmed red.