Your Top 5 most likely 2020 JW releases

Dr. Rick

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2020 at 2:05 PM, E-Wan said:

I think the most likely 2020 JW releases are any of these Universal titles which have been already released but not expanded yet:

The Eiger Sanction (1975)
The River (1984)
Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
Always (1989)
Far and Away (1992)

It is because there are no obstructions in the game like the following ones:

20th Century Fox - now belongs to Walt Disney Studios (see below)
Sony Music - record company decided to not do deals any more with all the labels!
Walt Disney - studio is very selective about providing their scores to the other labels!
Warner Bros. - new owners have caused new policies that may be cost prohibitive for all future projects!

You're 2 for 2!

• 3 months later...

Well folks, we've got just over 4 months left in this wild and wacky 2020!  ROTFLMAO

I can only imagine how many releases have been delayed due to Covid, not just for JW but any works.  

We've received 2 excellent releases with Far & Away and The River earlier in the year, however, Black Friday is right around the corner (local stores already have Halloween candy and costumes out and it's 100+ degrees outside!).  With everything going on in this crazy world, should we expect another fantastic JW BF?  We've gotten some outstanding releases for sure for 5 years in a row happening in the last quarter of the year:

2015 Jaws I & II, Home Alone

2016 JP/TLW set

2017 ET & CEOTK

2018 Dracula, SL, HP set

2019 MR, Disaster set

Fingers (and toes) crossed that the labels and studios can come together and put out another round of excellent releases for the holiday season!

15 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Well folks, we've got just over 4 months left in this wild and wacky 2020!  ROTFLMAO

I can only imagine how many releases have been delayed due to Covid, not just for JW but any works.  

We've received 2 excellent releases with Far & Away and The River earlier in the year, however, Black Friday is right around the corner (local stores already have Halloween candy and costumes out and it's 100+ degrees outside!).  With everything going on in this crazy world, should we expect another fantastic JW BF?  We've gotten some outstanding releases for sure for 5 years in a row happening in the last quarter of the year:

2015 Jaws I & II, Home Alone

2016 JP/TLW set

2017 ET & CEOTK

2018 Dracula, SL, HP set

2019 MR, Disaster set

Fingers (and toes) crossed that the labels and studios can come together and put out another round of excellent releases for the holiday season!

Hell yeah!

22 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

The 20th anniversary of The Patriot came and went, but no special edition to be found. :( 

I'd be interested in that one too. It was released by Hollyweird Records in the States, which is owned by Disney and naturally it isn't even available to stream.

30 minutes ago, Jay said:

Halloween candy is on the shelves yet for some reason I can't find Octoberfest beers anywhere.  Damn you, 2020!

Well Dunkin' Donuts announced they are releasing their pumpkin spice earlier than normal, so you've got that at least :beerchug:

27 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

The 20th anniversary of The Patriot came and went, but no special edition to be found. :( 

The year isn't over yet, that is near the tops of my wish list.  I just watched it again on Netflix, such a great score!

34 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

The Patriot would be a no-brainer for me. Does anybody know how much unreleased music is in the movie? 

12 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Well Dunkin' Donuts announced they are releasing their pumpkin spice earlier than normal, so you've got that at least :beerchug:

Though I was born in MA and have lived here my entire live, I think Dunkin's has the worst coffee of any drive-up I can think of.  I'd rather have McDonald's coffee

And Pumpkin Spice is for the birds

22 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I'd be interested in that one too. It was released by Hollyweird Records in the States, which is owned by Disney and naturally it isn't even available to stream.

Just get the CD and a CD player.

I'd be interested in:

Born on the Fourth of July

Catch Me If You Can

Hook

Jane Eyre (re-issue or complete)

Memoirs of a Geisha

Presumed Innocent

Seven Years in Tibet

Stepmom

The Patriot

The Terminal

Can't say I'm being picky! Hook first though.

50 minutes ago, Bounty95 said:

The Patriot would be a no-brainer for me. Does anybody know how much unreleased music is in the movie? 

@Falstaft estimated there’s about 25 minutes of unreleased underscore in the film, and there’s also a fair amount of source music, plus any unused alternates and segments of cues that weren’t used on the album.

TIBET is a lock.

Trust me

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Anniversary?

Yeah, like this is the 75th anniversaries of dropping the Atomic bomb on Hirsoshima

I liked it when I was younger but now it pales in comparison to coffee I can make at home for pennies

1 hour ago, BrotherSound said:

@Falstaft estimated there’s about 25 minutes of unreleased underscore in the film, and there’s also a fair amount of source music, plus any unused alternates and segments of cues that weren’t used on the album.

Oy vey, way to drag up a review I wrote when I was a teenager! I actually have basically no memory of writing this... 

What I wouldn't do for an official release of "The North Star" -- one of Williams's loveliest cues.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Though I was born in MA and have lived here my entire live, I think Dunkin's has the worst coffee of any drive-up I can think of.  I'd rather have McDonald's coffee

And Pumpkin Spice is for the birds

Heretic! And you consider yourself a masshole...

I love Dunkin coffee, even if it's objectively not good. It's Starbucks that's inarguably garbage. 

I love Dunkins food, and their coffee is drinkable if you get one of their flavors or shit in it, and their ice coffee is great in the summer

But I prefer to just drink regular black coffee, and the regular black coffee at Dunks is real bad.  Starbucks is way better

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Back to topic, please.

It's possible JW has consumed a lot of Dunkin' Donuts coffee while in Bahstin, if he is a coffee drinker.

Not in LA, though. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2020 at 4:36 AM, mstrox said:

The Patriot

John Williams in Vienna

The River

War of the Worlds

La La Land 2-disc Far and Away with film tracks in da bonus section

Wowee! Not sure if this is edited but some impressive guessing if not.