[[HELP NEEDED]] - Finding a piece from Raiders.

FrankFWJH

Raiders of The Lost Ark - Piece Query

So, I've been searching all over YouTube for 'Uncovering the Ark'. I understand that it only had a restricted release. 

It seems such a shame that such an unnerving and haunting piece is so hard to find...

Would anyone care to point me to anywhere where I might find the audio? Preferably YouTube, but if you have an audio extract I can use that too.

Many thanks for reading! 

That's on disc 5 of the 2008 Concord Records Indiana Jones box set

https://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Soundtracks-John-Williams/dp/B001G562ZU

The fifth disc even used to be on digital but its since removed

https://open.spotify.com/album/7F2jhl4NJMiepEuXDwuuQQ?si=ctDvfve6RUyaufIvisdm_Q

Thanks for the response.

Curious that they removed it from the digital version... I actually remember listening to it on YouTube so that must have been deleted too (though that’s less unheard of in the soundtrack world). 
I’ll keep searching to see if anyone’s grabbed it from that collection 

On 1/17/2020 at 12:56 AM, Jay said:

You can buy the box set on amazon and then you'll have it legally

It would not be illegal to listen on a digital streaming platform such as Spotify, which is my main cause for mysticism around why they would omit disc 5 when the rest of the soundtrack seems to be not just on Spotify but also around on YouTube. 

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking Williams' music is listened to entirely by paying agents (in fact most, I would wager, are non-paying in the form of views on YouTube, the Imperial March has 95 million views there).

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

YouTube and Spotify are both monetized.  Pennies on the dollar to the performer/composer when compared to paid downloads or CD purchases, but money is earned.

That would make sense! Such a shame a wonderful few cues of music are only physically available when we're now entering the 2020s. Thanks for explaining that