Jay

Danny Elfman's DOLORES CLAIBORNE - NEW! 2020 2CD Varese Deluxe Edition

2 hours ago, gkgyver said:

I remember listening to this score 12, 14 years ago or so. Was there never a soundtrack release? Because I know I did listen to a soundtrack presentation. 

Yeah I have the OST.

6 hours ago, Demondm810 said:

Wonder why they put this on 2 discs? Ordered this. Incredible score. 

So they could add the 3 alternate tracks.

First of all, DOLORES CLAIBORNE is a great score and film. It's right there in intersection between the more consonant Elfman and when he was trying to be more contrapuntal.

Second, the original Varese is actually fine. Presents the perfect, balanced "bleak and harsh, but also beautiful" journey before overstaying its welcome. I also owned the old promo programme back in the day , which expanded the material of the OST with some 30 minutes or so. It's not bad, but it's a TAD on the long side, given the nature of the music. I might -- just MIGHT -- have considered getting this if it was a straight commercial reissue of the 60-minute promo programme, but obviously this goes even beyond that, as is the custom these days.

I sat on this CD for five days before I got a chance to rip it, and I still had to type the info and submit it to Gracenote, so wtf you guys!  Am I the only person who bought this CD?

At least Darkman was on there.