Do you think you will still be alive when complete Star Wars scores(OT,PT,ST) are released?

King Mark

Have hope, KM.  I believe MM will work with Disney and get it done the right way.

If he's not involved, and there are 'expanded' versions released, yet still incomplete, I will not buy them out of principle.  There's no reason why a company that big can't release complete scores to these films, yet labels like LLL and Intrada can do what they do.

That being said, Star Wars missing music isn't that big of a deal to me, personally.  It's the missing Indy music that I can't deal with.

TBH, as much as I’d love a MM-produced, C&C, OT box set... I can’t feel much bitterness should I die before it comes out, with slightly better sound.

We already have the music. It made JW a legend.

I have to admit, I am quite happy with my ‘93 box set, the 97 SE’s, the Ultimate Digital Collections and all the re-recordings done in between done by both Williams and Gerhardt.

As a collector and a fan of a living composer, the likes of this world hasn’t seen for a long, long time.... I can’t believe how lucky I am, in spite of that they messed up the mixing on TESB and that ROTJ sounds as if it were recorded in a box.

The last couple of years we have gotten some amazing expansions, better than anyone thought possible, the HP-expansion, the JP-expansion... even Heidi and Dracula! What a time to be alive!

I’ve seen Williams conduct thrice now, which is three times more than an ever dreamed of, and every re-release that happens my way I will happily purchase, be it SW, Far And Away or The Eiger Sanction.

But I will not spend my days in bitterness over a SW box set.

9 hours ago, Bayesian said:

All the planets, stars, moons, and asteroids have aligned for this to happen. Really, the question is, if not now, when? When can it possibly get better to get 'er done once and for all?

Yeah this ties into a micro-rant I had somewhere else regarding timing of expansions. If Disney/MM/JW etc aren't working out how to do this as I type, what are they waiting for? What's going to change two years from now that suddenly makes JW want to do expansion? (I'm making the assumption here that if JW phoned up KK and said 'right Kathy, SW expansion time', it would happen)

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Nice try, but Jay's signature is to let only one typo slip through.

"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titilandus" (song lyrics, Hogwarts Forever vocal)

"Childrens Suite" (HP1 Dic 3 tracklist)

That's two!

Funny thing is, both appear spelled correctly in other places in the booklet :D

I’m not too worried about another OT release. What we have there is fine. 

I do want the other two trilogies complete though. 

4 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

What we have there is fine. 

Other than some of SW siunding a lot worse than the demaster (though some if it is a lot better), ESB being a quality/source mess and the end of RotJ bring nigh unlistenable, yeah.

2 hours ago, Holko said:

"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titilandus" (song lyrics, Hogwarts Forever vocal)

"Childrens Suite" (HP1 Dic 3 tracklist)

That's two!

Funny thing is, both appear spelled correctly in other places in the booklet :D

Conveyer belt, minority report tracklist...

Three is company :p

I don't know, and I don't give a fudge. I have the Anthology box, and the regular CDs for the rest, and that's all I'm ever going to want or own for the remainder of my life.

All I hope for is that I'll live to see more completely unreleased Williams scores see the light of day.

2 hours ago, Pellaeon said:

Yeah, I have the OT OSTs from the 2016 Ultimate Digital Collection burned to CD-Rs. :up:

????

We were talking about the original soundtracks, you know the ones that were released when the movies came out. Were these reissued in 2016?

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

????

We were talking about the original soundtracks, you know the ones that were released when the movies came out. Were these reissued in 2016?

Yes, those are original album re-issues. They have some of the best sound of any of the recent releases in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Yes, those are original album re-issues. They have some of the best sound of any of the recent releases in my opinion.

And are available in hi-res 😊 
https://www.hdtracks.com/star-wars-a-new-hope-original-motion-picture-soundtrack

4 minutes ago, martybmusic said:

That's not the 2016 version we were talking about. That's the partially-botched 2017 remaster. The 2016 version was more consistent and many tracks sounded better, especially TESB. And was also available in hi-res on HDTracks, before they removed it in 2017 to make way for the newer remasters.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

That must have passed me completely by. I thought they still existed only as the original LPs and their 90s CD reissues.

Nope. They were actually remastered twice. Once in 2016 using old vinyl masters, and again in 2017 using new hi-res scans of the original master tapes. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, the 2017 remasters had some... inconsistencies.

10 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

That's not the 2016 version we were talking about. That's the partially-botched 2017 remaster. The 2016 version was more consistent and many tracks sounded better, especially TESB. And was also available in hi-res on HDTracks, before they removed it in 2017 to make way for the newer remasters.

Ah, thank you for clarifying. That's a shame, though nice to see the OT soundtracks were available in hi-res for that final Sony master. 
https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/112441/John_Williams-Star_Wars_The_Ultimate_Digital_Collection-FLAC_192kHz24bit_Download

8 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Nope. They were actually remastered twice. Once in 2016 using old vinyl masters, and again in 2017 using new hi-res scans of the original master tapes. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, the 2017 remasters had some... inconsistencies.

I see. Guess it's time to throw away my "closet CD-Rs" of the 90s CD versions, then (if I knew where they were). The Anthology box is still all I ever need and play, but since the OSTs are such sweet presentations in and of themselves, it's nice to have them somewhere, preferably in a more cleaned-up sonic version.

I'm talking about the special editions. 

Those are the regular soundtracks. 

Funny thing is, the ESB special edition album is still in my library, but all tracks except those from the old soundtrack aren't selectable. Pieces like Wampa's Lair, Arrival On Dagobah etc, aren't selectable.