• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

4 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Now, The Cunt has closed all public houses, restaurants, and cafés, in the UK. What a fascist cunt.

Hey Richard, feel free to mingle wherever you like. How old are you? Maybe you'll be okay and not die. Go and have a beer with some infected teens, live it large!

I love how just being at home is such a novelty for so many people, they're making a huge deal on social media out of what banal activities they're doing just to desperately entertain themselves. It's business as usual for introverts but seems like a nightmare for restless extroverts who usually do nothing else other than go out all the time.

29 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

I love how just being at home is such a novelty for so many people, they're making a huge deal on social media out of what banal activities they're doing just to desperately entertain themselves. It's business as usual for introverts but seems like a nightmare for restless extroverts who usually do nothing else other than go out all the time.

I agree! All those “social media influencers” who are usually getting free trips everywhere are now posting about whatever they’re doing at home. It’s sort of weird. I don’t follow any myself, but I still somehow hear from some of them.

However, 14 days IS a long time to not leave your house even once… but I imagine these people are leaving the house sometimes. I think it’s good that people are taking a break from their everyday lives. This will help people remember the things that really matter to them.

And people will be barcoded to make it easier to track the infected. And all monetary transactions will be restricted to a government approved ration card, not unlike the one being rolled out in Australia for welfare recipients. If a UBI is initiated, certain conditions will be set on where, how and why people will be allowed to spend it. All pets will be confiscated and destroyed as they'll be branded as potential carriers of the virus.

2 hours ago, dylanskie said:

I agree! All those “social media influencers” who are usually getting free trips everywhere are now posting about whatever they’re doing at home. It’s sort of weird. I don’t follow any myself, but I still somehow hear from some of them.

However, 14 days IS a long time to not leave your house even once… but I imagine these people are leaving the house sometimes. I think it’s good that people are taking a break from their everyday lives. This will help people remember the things that really matter to them.

Thankfully, it's possible to have sex at home. :)

43 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

And people will be barcoded to make it easier to track the infected. And all monetary transactions will be restricted to a government approved ration card, not unlike the one being rolled out in Australia for welfare recipients. If a UBI is initiated, certain conditions will be set on where, how and why people will be allowed to spend it. All pets will be confiscated and destroyed as they'll be branded as potential carriers of the virus.

Well not far off actually:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/03/19/coronavirus-reality-check-yes-us-and-eu-governments-will-track-our-phones-get-used-to-it/

Karol

3 hours ago, Þekþiþm said:

I love nothing more than staying in with my cushy home comforts, but I'm not introverted. I'm not an extrovert either. I'm somewhere in the middle. Oh yeah, I'm normal.

10 hours ago, Quintus said:

Hey Richard, feel free to mingle wherever you like. How old are you? Maybe you'll be okay and not die. Go and have a beer with some infected teens, live it large!

Lee, I know that it's "necessary", and I know it's for "the common good" (whatever they mean), but history tells us that people who are given (or who take) power, by whatever means, in an emergency situation, are loathe to relinquish that power, once said situation has abated. 

There is, already, a military presence, where I live. The Army has several ranges, from where they can test rockets. Out here, we just accept squaddies wandering around, from time, to time. How long will it be, before that presence is turned against the population?

Justin, Jerry, and Crocodile, are right. Read their posts, and be afraid. Be very afraid.

3 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Lee, I know that it's "necessary", and I know it's for "the common good" (whatever they mean), but history tells us that people who are given (or who take) power, by whatever means, in an emergency situation, are loathe to relinquish that power, once said situation has abated. 

There is, already, a military presence, where I live. The Army has several ranges, from where they can test rockets. Out here, we just accept squaddies wandering around, from time, to time. How long will it be, before that presence is turned against the population?

Justin, Jerry, and Crocodile, are right. Read their posts, and be afraid. Be very afraid.

What would your alternative solution be then?

Unfortunately, at the moment, there seems to be no viable alternative.

I'm thinking of the future. What will happen when the crisis has passed? Will we get our basic - basic! - freedoms back, or, to quote Ming The Merciless, will we be "satisfied with less"?

How long will it be before we all hear the words "Your papers, please"?

1 minute ago, Alexcremers said:

So you believe that, even when corona has vanished, people will be locked up in their homes for the rest of their lives? :eh:

Not necessarily, but a zealously authoritarian infrastructure may remain active for the foreseeable future, with sophisticated surveillance focussed on monitoring and assessing our physical, online and financial movements (cashless society, prosecutions for illegal hoarding of supplies, curfews, limits/restrictions on pet ownership, etc). Along with a strengthened culture of fear, suspicion and paranoia that will continue to fester.

32 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

Not necessarily, but a zealously authoritarian infrastructure may remain active for the foreseeable future, with sophisticated surveillance focussed on monitoring and assessing our physical, online and financial movements (cashless society, prosecutions for illegal hoarding of supplies, curfews, limits/restrictions on pet ownership, etc). Along with a strengthened culture of fear, suspicion and paranoia that will continue to fester.

Sound like a science fiction movie. Fortunately, I don't live in an autocracy. 

Yeah, it's like how science fiction predicted that everyone would be glued to small electronic handsets in normal everyday society. People walking up and down streets not looking in front of them but at small screens in their palms, as a lifestyle choice. Whenever I watch Star Trek TNG or Blade Runner, it's crazy how accurate they got it. Cast members in every scene, obsessively checking their mobile phones. They predicted it.

18 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Now, The Cunt has closed all public houses, restaurants, and cafés, in the UK. What a fascist cunt.

Well, quite. My birthday celebrations next week have taken on a distinct 'drinking in the house' shape as of last night (thank Christ non-draught alcohol is still available).