• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

:(

Beijing Cancels Reopening Theaters as Capital Enters ‘Wartime’ Mode Amid New Cases

The news arrives just days after Chinese filmmaker Jia Zhangke called for the industry to reopen its doors.

Beijing, the sprawling capital of China, was just about to enter the U.S. equivalent of phase four of reopening amid the pandemic this coming Monday. But according to SupChina.com, plans to reopen movie theaters, sporting events, other indoor entertainment, and schools were swiftly canceled, as three new coronavirus cases appeared in the area this week. These mark the first new cases in the city in nearly two months. According to Chu Junwei, an official from the capital’s Fengtai district, Beijing is now in “wartime emergency mode,” with food markets shut down as well.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/beijing-movie-theaters-china-coronavirus-1202237400/

Or maybe it won't happen at all and so technically any continued lockdown state is completely pointless and we should all return to normal life in the absence of Coronovirus. But all these mass gatherings and rubbing of shoulders, a big spike on the graph has to happen, surely...

I want to see evidence of it this week.

In Chile, the social media accounts for the Ministry of Health had to post a picture of the Minister for Health’s Masters degree in epidemiology, because no one believed him. Such is the distrust in the government here...

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

Or maybe it won't happen at all and so technically any continued lockdown state is completely pointless and we should all return to normal life in the absence of Coronovirus. But all these mass gatherings and rubbing of shoulders, a big spike on the graph has to happen, surely...

I want to see evidence of it this week.

We got our biggest day so far in NC on Friday. Hospitalizations have been peaking every day for 5 days straight. Saturday the US had its biggest day since mid May!

It takes about two weeks to start seeing the full picture from each event. So we’ll see. 

I’m sure it’s coming - we just started to see the “second wave” effects of prematurely “reopening” in several of our states - Florida, California, Arizona, etc.

You won’t necessarily see the huge bump 2 weeks after protests started - you’ll see the huge bump a little further down the line as the exponential effects of infectious spread play out.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:43 PM, Sweeping Strings said:

2020 : written by Stephen King. 

A tragic story about a man losing his perfect vision.

New Nike store opens in London today:

People (especially the fans of chokeholds)  will blame the BLM protesters but go outside and you'll see nobody respects Corona measures anymore.

I'm practically willing a big second spike to happen after all these flagrant disregards for social distancing. But what if it doesn't happen? Young/asymptomatic people are not transmitters as theorised/feared? 

Big second spike or re-open the Western world the fuck up. No dilly-dallying.

No matter how high the cases will be (and here in Brazil there's over a thousand people dying of COVID-19 daily), people won't respect social distancing for that much time. They have been hearing to stay home since March, no one can do this for a very long, continuous period of time.

Speaking for myself, I'm mostly staying at home, and I can continue for as long as it's necessary. But many people don't feel that way in almost every country.

Trump's going to hold massive campaign rallies which will lead to mass gathering events (+/-20.000 people) in cities were cases are surging. New models predict more than 200.000 deaths in the US by October. 

Meanwhile outside the bars in New York:

merlin_173497950_21d503e4-a1ac-40c9-9227

23 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

A tragic story about a man losing his perfect vision.

New Nike store opens in London today:

People (especially the fans of chokeholds)  will blame the BLM protesters but go outside and you'll see nobody respects Corona measures anymore.

New trainers/sneakers are clearly worth the risk. To morons. 

16 hours ago, Edmilson said:

The US and now Brazil are the only countries in the world with over a million coronavirus cases. 

The US has over two million cases. Brazil still has a long way to go.

Masked up and went to the farmers market today. Retarded suburban housewife with her husband type was walking around dry-coughing her lungs into the air on everything with no mask. Her husband was wearing a mask. 

Yep.

Just think 5 weeks of hard lockdown back in late February, ban international travel, have everyone hunker down, strict quarantine, take $150 billion hit on the GDP, and the US would have been COVID free by now and could judiciously re-instate international travel. 

Instead we'll pay $50,000 billion over the next decade for this bullshit because the pencil-neck nerds needed evidence this could be harmful. 

Dear americans: we from Brazil have sent you a little gift.

It's our incompetent and brash Ex-Education Minister, a man as dumb as he is agressive. He escaped to the US to flee investigations he was facing here. To enter on your country, he ignored an order from your president that no Brazilian citizen is allowed in american soil due to our humiliating COVID 19 crisis.

https://theintercept.com/2020/06/20/bolsonaro-fraudulently-circumvented-trumps-covid-19-immigration-ban-to-smuggle-his-scandal-plagued-ex-education-minister-into-the-u-s/