• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

7 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Simple: there won't be one. I don't think any goverment can ask for more quarantine after months telling everyone to #stayhome.

Not even if the second wave is worse? 

Have you noticed how it is only the older "risk group" demographic who are eager and ready (at their behest) to re-lockdown the living fuck out of the rest of free world with immediate effect should anyone in their county catch a sniffle.

Mortgages paid off and plenty of final salary pension to keep the central heating ticking over and the cable TV on - fuck everyone else trying to earn a crust to pay the bills and put food in front of their kids, and who are nigh on invulnerable to Covid-19. 

Here's an idea: keep the younger working/contributing world moving because for them it is laughably safe outside and instead YOU old farts (including me) take some responsibility for yourselves and stay at home, if you're really that concerned. Stop inviting your fucking friends around or whatever it is you're doing that puts you at risk. Older people should be, you know, old and wise enough to exercise a bit of common sense. Nobody is forcing you to get in the way of a random dude's sneeze. Get your shit delivered to your door, it's 2020.

3 hours ago, mstrox said:

As somebody who likely had symptomatic COVID-19 in early March (right before testing was available in the US, and certainly WELL before it was widely available) with rolling symptoms for almost two months and with some residual ongoing lung volume limitations, heart palpitations, throbbing in my head without pain, etc. etc., I can tell you that the risk group is not the only group significantly affected.  I'd consider myself among this group at this point... https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/covid-19-coronavirus-longterm-symptoms-months/612679/.  Thankfully around the 2.5 month mark, the fatigue and low grade fevers mostly passed.  I have taken up running again, although my ability has greatly diminished and as a side-effect of my breathing issues, I huff and puff so bad during pretty much every moment that my chest wall constantly aches, even on my rest days.

I'm hoping it's not permanent, but I don't know.  I'm not going out in the world to get work-ups at this point, on the off chance that my March illness was just bad flu and I get something else worse...

I'm grateful that my spouse and kid came out of the illness seemingly okay (spouse had loss of taste, fever, lung crackles, fatigue, bad cough for 3 weeks and then got to 100%; kid had no fever, and needed one nebulizer treatment one night).  I'm more grateful that some people seem to avoid any symptoms at all. 

Well, I mean... you're here aren't you. Typing on your cushy online forum. Mostly fine. You're not dead.

To think three people were stabbed to death just for walking in a park in England the day before yesterday.

I'm sorry if you find this insensitive, but I just think you're being a bit melodramatic about your experiences with what *might* have been this virus. It's possible it was a really shitty cold, you know? It happens. Unless you get the antibody test (pioneered in the UK), you'll not know one way or another.

Our household went through the grinder with similar symptoms last Nov-Dec. There are six of us, and it took double that in weeks to shake it, it was rough. Was that Covid-19? Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. At that time we didn't have a pandemic to frame it and hang it on the wall as "our terrible experience".

We have the money to do what we have to do, and numerous proposals have been made to allocate and disperse funds where they need to be.  Some members of Congress don’t give a good shit and have watered it down to one payment that wouldn’t even cover one month of rent for most people, and the potential (or not) of one similar payment five months later.

Many countries are beating this thing; the US and UK don’t seem to care for some reason, and have taken a sign of limited progress as a sign to stop doing what’s working.  We are seeing the first fruits of that approach in Florida, California, and Arizona. 

7 minutes ago, mstrox said:

talk of infinite money suggests a non-finite problem

You sound like a reasonable, compassionate person. Don’t waste your reason or compassion on Quintard and the Aussie troll!

He's a husband and a father living in the US, where privatized healthcare reigns supreme. You're single living in an inherited house in Australia. Not trying to put you or your good fortune down but between the two of you,  it's pretty easy to tell who can actually flex that "bills to pay" muscle.

19 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

He's a husband and a father living in the US, where privatized healthcare reigns supreme. You're single living in an inherited house in Australia. Not trying to put you or your good fortune down but between the two of you,  it's pretty easy to tell who can actually flex that "bills to pay" muscle.

Nah he's just brainwashed by the finger wagging "you're not allowed out!" schoolmarms.

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

You're single living in an inherited house in Australia. Not trying to put you or your good fortune down but between the two of you,  it's pretty easy to tell who can actually flex that "bills to pay" muscle.

He's more worried about  his investments in the stock market. 

15 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

deaths and hospitalizations are decreasing

Hospitalizations are on the rise here in Texas at considerably higher levels than during previous months.

So, this isn't over.

21 hours ago, mstrox said:

As somebody who likely had symptomatic COVID-19 in early March (right before testing was available in the US, and certainly WELL before it was widely available) with rolling symptoms for almost two months and with some residual ongoing lung volume limitations, heart palpitations, throbbing in my head without pain, etc. etc., I can tell you that the risk group is not the only group significantly affected.  I'd consider myself among this group at this point... https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/covid-19-coronavirus-longterm-symptoms-months/612679/.  Thankfully around the 2.5 month mark, the fatigue and low grade fevers mostly passed.  I have taken up running again, although my ability has greatly diminished and as a side-effect of my breathing issues, I huff and puff so bad during pretty much every moment that my chest wall constantly aches, even on my rest days.

I'm hoping it's not permanent, but I don't know.  I'm not going out in the world to get work-ups at this point, on the off chance that my March illness was just bad flu and I get something else worse...

I'm grateful that my spouse and kid came out of the illness seemingly okay (spouse had loss of taste, fever, lung crackles, fatigue, bad cough for 3 weeks and then got to 100%; kid had no fever, and needed one nebulizer treatment one night).  I'm more grateful that some people seem to avoid any symptoms at all.   But man, I wouldn't wish it on anybody. 

Beyond the fact that COVID can affect anybody regardless of age, the problem with just telling with just telling Boomers and older to "stay home" is that some people are required to be out in the community for essential work or other reasons.  For instance, I have a close family member who is older, has all the signifiers of high risk (hypertension, diabetes, obesity, etc.) - and for those and other health issues, is required to show up to doctors' appointments.  If the floodgates are open, the percentage of infected people in the community is higher, and therefore there's a higher risk of catching the virus from the community - doctors, office workers, etc. - greatly increases.

Lock us down until a vaccine as far as I'm concerned.

(I'm fortunate/privileged enough that my agency was able to scramble and get people teleworking, so I haven't missed work - obviously that colors my opinion to some extent.)

hope you feel better soon Ms Trox. We still don’t know the long term implications of this thing but hopefully you’ll be back to normal soon!

People who got the OG SARS never regained their damaged lung capacity. People keep saying this is no problem for young people, but that’s not true. Plenty of young people are exhibiting pulmonary and vascular changes that look permanent even though they haven’t dropped dead. In men who’ve had it, even asymptomatically, it seems to have lasting effects on the nads and testosterone production. We don’t know what that will mean down the line.

If you want to risk turning into a shitty, wheezy, Girly-man, low-energy version of Darth Vader, go out mask free and get sick to your heart’s content.

13 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

For a supposed tough guy, you sure worry a lot.

Tough guy lol. From what I can gather, Blandenkhol is an ex tech nerd turned armchair virologist and more lately, pseudo economist and business tsar. From behind the safe confines of his sprawling Dances With Wolves homestead, the fella was once too nervous to even share a little profile pic for the JWFan Class of 20XX, which all the main regulars participated in (I still have the print), as organised by the ex queen of the forum. I always thought that was particularly pathetic and cowardly tbh.

Anyway, it's always important to bear in mind, Drax, that the little fart-in-a-bottle sample size of this dead crevice of a message board is hardly representative of... the real world. A couple of terrified dudes agreeing with each other on JWFan is hardly the burgeoning beginnings of a unified world-changing movement now is it, haha.

In that regard JWFan has more in common with Reddit than it would like to admit to.

So yeah, Coronavirus. Out of all of the five major occurrences of mass race protests in the US weeks ago in the wake of™ the killing of George Floyd, how come the R number has only risen above 1 in one them (Texas)?

13 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

For a supposed tough guy, you sure worry a lot.

Why would I marry myself to some silly concept like that?

I think for myself and come to my own conclusions, and happily piss off every idiot and group of idiots that thinks I owe them some allegiance.

Look at Quintard, his jaw is still stuck to the floor because I said Williams is manipulative and should have let a new generation take over Star Wars! “How could a JWfanner think for himself!?”