• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

5 hours ago, mstrox said:

Looks like this is a few weeks old but did t see it until now - saw a fake looking post on Facebook shared by Stefan and research showed it to be true.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/06/12/875486356/first-known-u-s-lung-transplant-for-covid-19-patient-performed-in-chicago

iTs jUsT thE FlU!

Generallissimo Newsom :"Well that lock down sure  worked out poorly.

Generallissimo Cuomo: Right. Let's try it again. Maybe it will work this time.

Newsome: And, if it doesn't ,we will keep shutting down the country until we are satisfied.

Cuomo: What do you mean " we"?

" I" !

In US , The media keeps regurgitating hysterical warnings of.mass death by a Dr. Fauci ;despite the fact that he has consistently made predictions that never came to pass.

Just keep doing the same thing over and over while the country goes into the gutter.

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Cirque du Soleil files for bankruptcy protection. 

Lockdown is working great!

Keep it up.😡😜😳

7 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Surge in cases in the city of Leicester, lockdown measures reinstated. Hmmm. 

Well, it worked so well the first time....

The death toll just keeps going down and Democrats are, of course, attacking those evil Red States for reopening. There might be an uptick in deaths, but we don't know at this point. We're also being told it's a lot of younger people with the virus and the current scare tactic is Long Term Organ Damage, since most youngsters won't die from the virus. 

Meanwhile, the Democratic Empire State, with a whopper of a death toll (21,000+ deaths allegedly in just the NY metropolitan area!) remains ground zero for the Coronavirus in the United States and apparently the model for what not to do. Yet, there is increasing belief that NY will be better in the long run and could potentially have developed some form of herd immunity. The idea is to get slammed initially with a shitload of infections and deaths and then the virus "burns out." But who the fuck knows. 

Meanwhile, in Liberal California, increasing case numbers in younger people are being bandied around while our death toll continues to decrease. Again, it's a wait and see thing. Gavin Newsom, our Patrick Bateman-resembling Democratic Governor who thinks Doctors should prescribe housing to people, warned about this case number uptick weeks ago when people were smashing and looting everything and we needed the National Guard and strict curfews to prevent anarchists from burning down the cities and stealing all the shoes made by slave labor in sweat shops. Then it actually happened.

There's also a lot of conflicting information about hospital capacity, with some claiming they're topping out and others claiming that's an exaggeration. My question is, what happened to the field hospitals they turned vacant unused convention centers into and spent a reported 26 million dollars on? Last I heard, they'd closed up shop because they weren't needed. They also sent the medical ship away quite some time ago.

53 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Lockdown is working great!

Keep it up.😡😜😳

It worked in Europe but countries like Brazil and the US don't seem to get this virus under control. You blame the democratic media, Bruce? And why do you think Dr. Fauci is a liar? Is it all a hoax? Please, don't be vague. Fill us in!  

51 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

It worked in Europe but countries like Brazil and the US don't seem to get this virus under control. You blame the democratic media, Bruce? And why do you think Dr. Fauci is a liar? Is it all a hoax? Please, don't be vague. Fill us in!  

No I don't believe it's a hoax. But, Bill Maher and I agree about Fauci and liberals. I am a progressive. I am not a Trumper. But, anybody who questions Democrats or health officials is labeled that way.

In their ( justifiable)anti- Trump zeal, the left blindly follows liberal politicians like Newsome. They favor the most extreme restrictions. They morbidly follow the " death toll" because on their minds, TRUMP killed them all.

We are told it is safe to dine outdoors but not breathe outdoors.

Is it working in Europe? I keep hearing about fresh outbreaks.

Locking down the world is not the answer.We can't eradicate COVID as recent events prove

We should accept this fact and adapt to it. Most importantly TREAT THOSE WHO GET SICK

If u have YT check out Real Time from a few months ago.

Be at Peace and without fear.

7 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

No I don't believe it's a hoax. But, Bill Maher and I agree about Fauci and liberals. I am a progressive. I am not a Trumper. But, anybody who questions Democrats or health officials is labeled that way.

In their bank- Trump zeal, the left blindly follows liberal politicians like Newsome. The favor the most extreme restrictions. They morbidly follow the " death toll" because on their minds, TRUMP killed them all.

We are told it is safe to dine outdoors but not breathe outdoors.

Is it working in Europe? I keep hearing about fresh outbreaks.

Locking down the world is not the answer.We can't eradicate COVID as recent events prove

We should accept this fact and adapt to it. Most importantly TREAT THOSE WHO GET SICK

If u have YT check out Real Time from a few months ago.

Be at Peace and without fear.

Fauci originally said COVID wouldn't affect the US.

Then he predicted " millions" of deaths...then " hundreds of thousands". Not a fan of " the country's leading expert on infectious diseases". Says who?

California shut down fairly efficiently early on and we were one of the big states that NY and other hard-hit states were gazing at in wonder as our death toll remained very low overall for a state of 40+ million people.

Newsom switched gears to a more rapid reopening because he realized that the entire state of California couldn't remain shut down indefinitely, but there's the possibility we'll just close again. It's a huge mess, but considering the known population before undocumented aliens (which is likely enormous), our Covid-19 death numbers aren't awful. They mainly fucked up royally with nursing homes.

1 hour ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

California shut down fairly efficiently early on and we were one of the big states that NY and other hard-hit states were gazing at in wonder as our death toll remained very low overall for a state of 40+ million people.

Newsom switched gears to a more rapid reopening because he realized that the entire state of California couldn't remain shut down indefinitely, but there's the possibility we'll just close again. It's a huge mess, but considering the known population before undocumented aliens (which is likely enormous), our Covid-19 death numbers aren't awful. They mainly fucked up royally with nursing homes.

You wouldn't know it from the coverage, but the Bay Area barely go touched. Last I looked SF had FORTY deaths. Despite this, our power mad Mayor has locked down the City as tight as NY.

She cares not a wit for the hundreds of businesses gone bust nor the thousands of youths deprived of any outdoor re re recreational activities.

Mental illness, depression, suicide, addiction, domestic violence?

Nope.

Only the numbers matter; her poll and COVID cases

44 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Anyone here miss going to the movies?

Regal/Cineworld, Cinemark Delay Reopening Timelines to Late July

I do.

I'll go when/if they open

Mask up and open up. Simple. 

But your state, like many others, is overrun with numbnuts too busy whining about how a piece of cloth ends liberty. 

If you don't want to lock down AND you don't want to wear a mask, then you deserve every bit of economic calamity, depression, mental illness, and death in store for you. Shoulda saved up for a rainy year instead of getting buried in a mortgage and debt you can't afford. But you didn't even do that. Because you're not survival worthy. 

If you are willing to do one or the other, then I am sorry you are suffering, but that's the price we individuals pay for our collective societal dumbness. 

What a compassionate guy.

Btw Breathing fresh , unfiltered , air is healthy. Outdoors is SAFE. Masks are pure theater , a placebo.

Why is it ok to dine outside safely but not safe to sit in a park, run, play , LIVE?

The disease is spread in crowded indoor environs.

Not on a trail.

Not gonna wear a mask outside.

" don't trust leaders, watch the parking meters"

Screenshot_2020-06-30-16-13-43.png

Peaceful Protests have been going on for a month now. Mass gatherings with no social distancing, people yelling and propelling their spit, but people can't go to the beach socially distanced. Maybe you can go to the beach if you say you're Peacefully Protesting.

I've found a new osteopath near where I live, since I never returned to Montreal since March, and will don't have to return working here until September or more.

I'll have to wear a mask and I think the osteopath will wear a mask too... That will be very strange.  As I work from home, I rarely go out, I mean in public places... Which begins to turn me a bit sick. 

I really don't know where we all go with this, but I don't like that. :unsure:

Look on the bright side..its very contagious but the vast majority of infected don't get sick.

Only a small portion of the sick die.

It's not a pandemic. It's a health crisis.

Deal with it!

Be well.

Wash your hands ( remember when that was the emphasis, before ' mask mania' took over?)

and you will be.

1 hour ago, bruce marshall said:

What a compassionate guy.

Btw Breathing fresh , unfiltered , air is healthy. Outdoors is SAFE. Masks are pure theater , a placebo.

Why is it ok to dine outside safely but not safe to sit in a park, run, play , LIVE?

The disease is spread in crowded indoor environs.

Not on a trail.

Not gonna wear a mask outside.

" don't trust leaders, watch the parking meters"

Screenshot_2020-06-30-16-13-43.png

Welcome to the ignore list.

On 6/22/2020 at 11:05 AM, Edmilson said:

Simple: there won't be one. I don't think any goverment can ask for more quarantine after months telling everyone to #stayhome.

Really?

Beware of giving politicians " emergency powers:.

Once they have it, they won't let go.

More importantly: why aren't we allowed to assess the risks and decide for ourselves if it's worth it?

We do this all the time; every time we drive somewhere, fly, swim...

Who wants to live in fear? Not i

Pro lockdown mantra:

"It's a minor inconvenience"

Pro lockdown mantra:

"It's a minor inconvenience"

On 6/24/2020 at 10:08 PM, Alexcremers said:

But it's not the US, Drax, so you can sleep on both ears.

The positive side is, with so many infected, they'll probably achieve herd immunity long before any other country does.

Right!

Let it run its course.

It's a natural phenomemom.

It. Is. US.

Not an enemy we have to go to war against and defeat.

Jane Goodal and I both know this.

The most common ads on radio are for masks.

Hmmmm.......

55 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Bruce Marshall v Bluemangroup: Dawn of Who Cares

Vat is ziss " Bluemangroup"?

17 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Absolutely preposterous!

If people wear masks, how are they going to stuff all that popcorn, and all those nachos, all that Mountain Dew and all those Gummy Bears into their already overfed faces?!

No refreshments served.

If they get rid of the trailers/commercials I might return

Dr. Fauci is in talks to play Dr. Doom in the latest reboot of FANTASTIC 4

9 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

why aren't we allowed to assess the risks and decide for ourselves if it's worth it?

That's an easy one. The purpose of lockdown measures is not to protect people on an individual basis, but to restrict the spread of the virus (which will continue to increase exponentially without a radical change to normal collective behaviour). For most people, it would be possible to make a perfectly rational decision that the immediate personal risk from the virus is low enough that they need not comply with the restrictions. Exponential growth would be the result.

14 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

our power mad Mayor has locked down the City as tight as NY.

14 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

...the Bay Area barely go touched. Last I looked SF had FORTY deaths.

I think you accidentally put these two sentences in the wrong order...

12 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

More importantly: why aren't we allowed to assess the risks and decide for ourselves if it's worth it?

Because you don't fucking get risk.

Suppose you're a dumbass and you get behind the wheel of a car while drunk. Worst case you'll kill a dozen people and crash into a tree and die and you're out of the picture. Risk is capped. 

If you're a dumbass who gets COVID, you can go to a pool, a club, a hotel, a party, fly to Rome, visit the Vatican, come back, visit Nana in the nursing home and chain reaction get millions of people sick. Risk is uncapped. 

All of this started with one person and you are opining about personal risk. 

Just a reminder here from the administrative staff that political posts aren't allowed on JWFan, nor are personal attacks.  

This thread can stay open to discuss the facts of the pandemic and your opinions on things, but if you want to go deep into the political side of things, take it to PMs or any other place on the internet and not the public forums.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Blumenkohl said:

I edited my post to attack Brucey’s points and not Brucey. And to stay farther from politics. 

Colorful language remains as it is not directed at Brucey!

I think that @Jay's comments might have been directed at me, in which case, I apologise.

I...am a worm.

I was merely trying to highlight that there are other threats to the world, at this time, and it was not my intention to "step over the line".

52 minutes ago, Quintus said:

...init.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Blumenkohl said:

...you're a dumbass...

Double-dumbass on you!

I edited my post to attack Brucey’s points and not Brucey. And to stay farther from politics. 

Colorful language remains as it is not directed at Brucey!

I wanna see the ' unrated version's.'

Btw I'm talking about healthy people making choices.

Btw I thought you put me on IGNORE?

Because you don't fucking get risk.

Suppose you're a dumbass and you get behind the wheel of a car while drunk. Worst case you'll kill a dozen people and crash into a tree and die and you're out of the picture. Risk is capped. 

If you're a dumbass who gets COVID, you can go to a pool, a club, a hotel, a party, fly to Rome, visit the Vatican, come back, visit Nana in the nursing home and chain reaction get millions of people sick. Risk is uncapped. 

All of this started with one person and you are opining about personal risk. 

One person?

That was RISEOTPOTA.

Not real life

Here is a question for you guys..When this all started the emphasis was on hygiene. We were told to wash hands and avoid touching our face. Fine. I NEVER left the house without wearing leather gloves. I washed hands every time I came inside .

I DISINFECTED my gloves.

We also practiced physical distancing.

We were told this was just to " flatten the curve".

So, the curve gets flat and what happens? They tell us we now have to wear masks! No good explanation is given.

This is when the society starts breaking down.

Neighbor turns against neighbor. Fear, suspicion and mistrust.spreads thru the land.

Was it worth it?

Remember how everyone was freaking out over.......,.s Tulsa rally?

" super spreader!"

8 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

It's because wearing a mask helps to reduce the likelihood of a pre-symptomatic carrier of the virus from transmitting it to others.

Asymptomatic folks are not shown to spread the disease because they aren't sneezing or coughing.

Wash hands...dont shake hands...avoid close personal CONTACT...wear gloves...wear masks indoors.

Bingo!

It's because wearing a mask helps to reduce the likelihood of a pre-symptomatic carrier of the virus from transmitting it to others.

More like political posturing. Get everybody used to wearing them ALL THE TIME. Social conditioning.

I WISH " experts" would stop making predictions . This isn't a football game, but they act like bookies giving odds.The predictions are always inflated and don't come to pass.

More importantly, why do it at all? All it does is spread fear and hysteria.

I'm not sure why y'all have so much faith in the medical/scientific establishments.

Remember DDT? Swine flu?

Meanwhile...

The second dog grooming place near me just went out of business because of the lockdown.

Tell me again why they weren't allowed to stay open?😠😡

The only theater in SF I go to is THE CASTRO.

The last classic SINGLE SCREEN cinema.

No commercials.

No trailers.

Movie heaven!

2 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

But pre-symptomatic carriers are known to be infectious.

I never tell anyone what to do.

Take all precautions you feel are necessary.

Be well.

Fwiw I know ONE person who became very ill. Not hospitalized.

Two housemates also had mild symptoms.

I dont know anyone who has died( I knew MANY who died from AIDS in comparison)

Dr. Doom aka " The Undertaker" just issued another " grim forecast" STFU! Just.STFU!

Have a nice day!😊

But pre-symptomatic carriers are known to be infectious.

It's the SAME thing!

I'd..id..idi😠😊

24 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

It's the SAME thing!

There is a distinction to be made between infected people who display no symptoms for the whole time that they have the virus (asymptomatic) and those who just haven't displayed symptoms yet (presymptomatic). Last I heard, there was some uncertainty about whether people in the former group carried a significant risk of further transmission, but not the latter.

DATELINE OCTOBER 4, 2051

The headlines, tonight:

"COVID-19 Was A Fake"

It has come to this reporter's attention that hackers have succeeded in obtaining information that seems to indicate that there was a massive conspiracy involving governments, back in 2020.

It now appears that the entire COVID-19 virus, and its resultant "protective" measures, including lockdowns, social distancing, track-and-test, and even tracking apps, were nothing but a massive front, by certain world powers, in collusion with global "brands", in order to destabilize the world economy, and to set up new, and more malleable societies.

It certainly seems that a lot of the New Freedoms which came into being, as a result of the 2022 collapse of the world stock market, and the repositioning of all major utilities - water, electricity, roads, transport, housing, and even oil - back under government control, have had far reaching effects on the world. 

Ironically, many of the "brands" which helped to suppress the truth, have now become megaphones for governments. Over the ten years that followed the stock market catastrophe, Facebook, YouTube, Microsoft, and Apple, and entertainment industries such as TV, film, radio, gaming and music, were all assimilated into various sectors of governmental overseeing, with many founders of these companies losing both their jobs, and their fortunes. A class action claiming that these "brands" were betrayed, was dismissed as sedition, and many former CEOs and owners were imprisoned.

From 2034, virtually every facet of life had been overruled by various government departments. Wherever one went in the world - assuming one was allowed to get there -  the story was the same: all world powers merged into one.

Now, with the shocking revelation that it was a a set-up, this is set to change. How, no-one can say, but, if this story reveals itself to be true, then world society is set for another massive upheaval, of seismic proportions.