5 hours ago, Quintus said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53416206

Imagine losing 13 billion in owed taxes because a European [Union] court in some other country supersedes the ruling of your country's own "sovereign" court. 

That's not what happened. The first ruling and this second ruling are all in the EU courts brought about by the EU Commision. Ireland never wanted the 13 billion. Ireland and Apple won this case.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Dear Mr. President, there are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot!

6 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Bars & pubs in Ireland won't open next week after all. The case numbers are up again.

Fuck the pubs. Only 200 allowed into club hurling games 😭

Cases are going back up in Belgium as well and it has the virologists worried. I wonder if the reopening of cafes and restaurants have something to do with it. 

BTW, why don't we have a 'thinking' or 'contemplating' smiley and what does that say about JWFan?

6 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

BTW, why don't we have a 'thinking' or 'contemplating' smiley

🤔

Windows+period to pull up emoji keyboard on desktop.  On mobile it'd be a button in your phone's keyboard.

Is it only in USA where the covid-19 crisis is so "political"?

It really looks like a Republicans vs Democrats thing.

4 hours ago, Bespin said:

It really looks like a Republicans vs Democrats thing.

It's a conspiracy generated by the entire world to ensure 45 is not reelected. It has only cost the dissolution of the entire world economy and the deaths of millions of people. It will go down in history as the most complicated practical joke ever. 

2 hours ago, who cares said:

It's a conspiracy generated by the entire world to ensure 45 is not reelected. It has only cost the dissolution of the entire world economy and the deaths of millions of people. It will go down in history as the most complicated practical joke ever. 

I can't talk for other countries, it's maybe a joke in the states, but in Canada we don't live a political crisis.

14 hours ago, Jay said:

🤔

Windows+period to pull up emoji keyboard on desktop.  

Tried it on two computers and it didn't work. One isn't Windows (it's Chrome OS), the other is a Windows 7 Pro (which shows a square instead of your emoji). Haven't tried it on my Windows 8 laptop or my Windows 10 laptop.

19 hours ago, Bespin said:

It's why they won't be able to control it without a vaccine. 

I fucking hate this virus. 

While all over the world people are resuming their normal lives, in the US and Brazil the cases are on the rise over the last weeks. After months, this thing only grows and grows and never ends.

People refuse to take this seriously and it's awful.  As cases have risen, the hospitalizations and deaths have come a few weeks following, and our hospitals, ICUs, and morgues are getting overwhelmed in certain states.  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-more-than-940-deaths-reported-in-one-day/ar-BB16QOme?ocid=ientp

Our state has been skyrocketing (from a sustained ~300 cases per day to 800-1000).  My statewide data isn't super useful to me personally (since my state is so big), so I keep pretty close tabs on my county.  Our cases have had good increase as well, although for the most part our percentages are staying a bit low, meaning we're just dealing with an increase in testing at this point.  Elsewhere in the state, 3-4 hours west by car, things are not going so well - an average of 10% test positivity).

Headlines: "Task force report says 18 states in coronavirus 'red zone' should roll back reopening"

"Now we're open, and we want to stay open and we will stay open. We're not closing. We'll put out the fires as they come out," Trump said at a White House event earlier this month.

This man is... fascinating.

I’m heading to a Gaelic Football match for the first time in months. It’s actually exciting. Crowd capped at 200.

@Bespin I don't know if it's a refusal to show weakness or an effort to spin what's going on during an election year, but much like it has in other less life-or-death situations, his rhetoric is a huge part of the problem.  I'm very jealous of my friends in New Zealand who are able to basically go about their lives as usual now, take their twins out to the park, etc. So many countries have gotten this thing under some sort of control, but Americans are impatient and stubborn so we've decided to prolong this thing until the day when, hopefully, a vaccine can knock this out for good.  Or beyond, if there are enough conspiracy theory nutsos to keep even a vaccine from creating some sort of immunity here.

17 hours ago, mstrox said:

but Americans are impatient and stubborn 

Going by many hysteric Youtube trends and media debates i saw in the last months, also mentally challenged to a high degree. Note to Drax: i'm not only talking about Fox News. But the intellectual sub-level on which many of the complex issues seem to be handled is truly frightening.

9 minutes ago, publicist said:

Going by many hysteric Youtube trends and media debates i saw in the last months, also mentally challenged to a high degree. Note to Drax: i'm not only talking about Fox News. But the intellectual sub-level on which many of the complex issues seem to be handled is truly frightening.

Pardon?