Very promising.  It's amazing to see not only the number of vaccines in current trials, but also the number of different modalities of disease prevention they're attempting to leverage in the creation of these.

I'm sure we all have our bucket list of things to do once this is all "over" - visit friends, visit family, etc.  But does anyone have any smaller plans - just little bitty things you're looking to do when you get back to something approaching normalcy?

I'm saving the LOTR trilogy and Avengers Endgame rewatches for post-pandemic, they give me a real emotional stirring that I need.

20 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I'm saving the LOTR trilogy and Avengers Endgame rewatches for post-pandemic, they give me a real emotional stirring that I need.

Does Thanos stand for the Coronavirus? Are the Russo brothers foreseers?

Discuss!

48 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It will make them even more pompous.

Oh god yeah. That prevailing sense of superiority has to come from somewhere you know.

55 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I'm sure we all have our bucket list of things to do once this is all "over" - visit friends, visit family, etc.  But does anyone have any smaller plans - just little bitty things you're looking to do when you get back to something approaching normalcy?

I'll probably just buy a PS5 and carry on as normal.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

I’m just looking forward to hurling being back to normal. Crowds are capped at 200 (including players) so it’s difficult to get to games. 

It's times like this that you remember our ancestors who crossed the perilous ocean and migrated from Europe/Britain to the Americas were the batshit crazy loons of their old country. Crazy has a strong hereditary component. 

Look, I get it, being told what to do is annoying. The more people tell me to do it, the more I itch to tell 'em to fuck off. But it's a fucking 10 cent mask, and it can't hurt much. Wear it when you can't stay far away from other people. 

If these people could jump on a ship to Mars over masks, I think they would. The crazy gene is that strong in some families. 

Americans and masks are to COVID19 as Africans and condoms are to HIV. 

Guess it's not just a matter of affluence and access to school. 

17 hours ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

If these people could jump on a ship to Mars over masks, I think they would. The crazy gene is that strong in some families. 

On Mars, there are no blue states. There they are all red. 

Hey, after the bubonic plague spread through Europe, the skeletons of the people that died after shows that their diets dramatically improved. 

So there will be more high quality food and better paying jobs for you if you make it through this! 

4 hours ago, King Mark said:

Damn, this still isn't over and getting worse after all these months

Well, the doctors have learned a lot and they are able to save more lives now by giving the patients a steroid treatment. It could explain why Drax is so immune to the virus.

3 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Early 2021 would actually be terrific.

"We thought the vaccine would save mankind, but we were wrong."

preview-665042-iOkU6HoIYz-high_0006.jpg

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

Big load of fuss about nothing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53519668

You gotta quit listening to the journos man. They don’t know nuthin about nuthin. “Banning flights from China is racist. Why didn’t you ban flights from China sooner? Masks are useless, stop buying them! Masks are useful! Why the fuck are you refusing to wear them?” 

Listen to me. I’ve been the only constant voice of reason in all this since January. Why? Because you don’t need fucking data to have common sense.