Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

  • 2 weeks later...

Latest COVID death toll:

San Francisco - 67

Bay Area- 197

 

" Stay home, save lives"

" I've got you covered"

" Stay six feet apart"

" Practice alone, not in groups"

" Don't share equipment"

" This playground is Closed due to COVID restrictions"

 

Your neighbor is your ENEMY!

DONT trust strangers.

Anybody not wearing a mask is spreading death and disease.

" Follow the science"

You can't cash a paycheck if you're dead!

" we're all in this together"

" I. Protect YOU, YOU protect me"

Trust your leaders.

Follow the rules!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Latest COVID death toll:

San Francisco - 67

Bay Area- 197

 

" Stay home, save lives"

" I've got you covered"

" Stay six feet apart"

" Practice alone, not in groups"

" Don't share equipment"

" This playground is Closed due to COVID restrictions"

 

Your neighbor is your ENEMY!

DONT trust strangers.

Anybody not wearing a mask is spreading death and disease.

" Follow the science"

You can't cash a paycheck if you're dead!

" we're all in this together"

" I. Protect YOU, YOU protect me"

Trust your leaders.

Follow the rules!

 


“Buy our movies and soundtracks!”

 

Bruce Marshall: I’m lubed up and ready to go!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the mindset that caused early reopenings to wreak further havoc on people.  We saw the numbers start to go down and thought "oh, it must be better!" instead of waiting a month or two more to really suppress the thing like some of the countries who are experiencing something like normalcy right now.

 

Even my state, which is still considered one of the "good" states, had a bounce at reopening from ~300 cases daily to 1000+ cases daily about a month later.  That's sloooooowly going down with a stricter mask mandate and closure of bars. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

Isn't that a funny lapse in logic? Like when people stop taking a medication because their symptoms stopped.

For a certain period of time, we didn't even know, whether the lockdown has had any effect. Then, the second peak in the United States showed us that it was indeed very effective. Now all we can do is find the balance between having a real life and not having masses of people die from the virus until we have a vaccination. This is working in Germany - at least for now. However, I'm almost certain people will act like ignorant dicks until a second strict shutdown is forced on us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mstrox said:

It's the mindset that caused early reopenings to wreak further havoc on people.  We saw the numbers start to go down and thought "oh, it must be better!" instead of waiting a month or two more to really suppress the thing like some of the countries who are experiencing something like normalcy right now.

 

Even my state, which is still considered one of the "good" states, had a bounce at reopening from ~300 cases daily to 1000+ cases daily about a month later.  That's sloooooowly going down with a stricter mask mandate and closure of bars. 


We had gotten it down to 3 or 4 a day and now 150+ is regular. 
 

Meat processing plants seems to have been the source of the majority of the outbreaks thanks to their awful working conditions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

True story: I am 40 damn years old and only just found out yesterday that I am blood type AB+.

 

I found out because I donated blood for the first time last month

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jay said:

True story: I am 40 damn years old and only just found out yesterday that I am blood type AB+.

 

I found out because I donated blood for the first time last month

 

Correction A has a lower resistance.  Ab has a higher Resistance 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still open public doors with my sleeve or my elbow, but other than that (and trying to keep my distance out of respect for others), I'm not arsed about Coronavirus at all anymore. I'm not bothered about catching it. I'm definitely not washing my hands as vigorously as I was, at least at work anyway. The way I see it, if I caught it now I'd get two weeks off work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Type G?

 

Type Gay, is that what you meaned?

 

I can't give blood, I know it very well.

 

Die all of you pussy lickers, I'll never gave you my blood even if you beg for it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

They revised the blood donation rules over the last two years, and now I get turned down every time.  Resting heart rate too low.  In the past, they could ask "do you do lots of cardiovascular exercise" to waive that requirement, but apparently not anymore.  So I've stopped giving about a year ago after a decade or more of donations every 6 weeks, and as much as I think it's even more valuable now, it's not a potential exposure just to be told to go home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just gotten embarrassing in California.

 

Doing my laundry in a packed laundromat yesterday where there isn't any personal space so forget about Social Distancing, but I'm not complaining because it's mostly Hispanic women, I couldn't help but avert my eyes from the big butts and boobies and stare in bemusement at the TV broadcasting the daily China Virus briefing where they mentioned 20-something people had died in our state of 40 million documented citizens. It's really hard to sell this thing as a threat at this point.

 

Everyone who isn't elderly, in poor health and especially in a nursing home, is not going to die from this and everybody knows it. Keep them locked down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry, the "official"* Covid-19 death tally will skyrocket again this winter when experts, nervous governments and the media fight each other to attribute as many common seasonal/excess deaths as physically possible to Coronavirus. It's gonna be apocalyptic (in the news and on social media).

 

 

*subject to interpretation depending on your host country's method of determination and Reddit/Facebook

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Is Disneyland reopened?

 

They want to be, but they're having to contend with democratic leadership where they want to keep everything closed and bankrupt everything and everyone while 20-something people die in a state of 40 million documented citizens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...