Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

23 hours ago, Quintus said:

Casting a line for Blume [FLAME ON!!!]...

 

 

I naturally agree word for word with Prof. Sunetra Gupta at the beginning of the report. Like untrendy garments, everything eventually comes back into fashion.

 

How I now picture Blume because I uttered the "H" and "I" words again:

 

1oq37g.jpg

 

Bro, read what I've said in this thread. "We don't know if herd immunity is possible with this virus" ≠ "there is no herd immunity."

 

Nothing's changed yet. We still don't know nuthin about herd immunity and COVID When you don't know, err on the side of being careful. The only evidence in favor of it is that Southeast Asia is fairing shockingly well, but that seems to be herd immunity acquired over time to other varieties of coronaviruses. 

 

If you are a blind worshipper of the Church of Herd 'Munity, rally together and go screw some HIV+ people and let me know how that Herd 'Munity works out for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bespin said:

We sure don't forget that Australia was for many centuries the prison of the world, where to send thiefs and murderers.

 

Why we can't send them our coronavirus cases?

Australia is dealing with trying to get our second wave under control in each state. We reopened too soon after our lockdown and the people unfortunately couldn't be trusted to follow the guidelines - we were beginning to see a worrying trend in the growth of cases which would've put us in the same boat as other countries who didn't have effective measures in place like the US and the UK. Each state has effectively closed their borders over here and we're now waiting to see what will happen next. In short - we don't want outsiders and preferably we would've followed New Zealand's swift and decisive actions.

 

There's been little evidence that herd immunity is the correct solution, epidemiologists have claimed that herd immunity would only work if we had a working vaccine but that the loss of life would be catastrophic if we didn't have other preventative measures.

7 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Unsurprisingly this has only added to the fire of dissent and unrest in the country, however it's not the hullabaloo the media are spinning it as - this woman organized an event over social media to protest the lockdown laws and would've put people's lives in danger. This is no joke and the fact she's pregnant is irrelevant.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:52 AM, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

The Victorian government wants everyone locked down indefinitely. 

It's not indefinite, our cases are down and the longer we can sustain no new cases, the more likely we are able to open. There are people protesting this decision as if it were a dictatorship, but last I checked I can still post my beliefs and thoughts openly, I can still go outside, I can still shop (within reason). We have living examples of real totalitarian societies, our state isn't one of them.

 

I'm not unsympathetic to the plight of those who have been screwed over by their government, everyone has been in some way (except the large corporations), but invariably these are often the same people who voted that government in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Yeah, the Victorian people let Premier Andrews down huh. They let him down.

No, the anti-mask covidiots let themselves down and the rest of Australia - people have died because of their ignorance, arrogance and incompetence. People having parties, with all their extended families. 

 

I'm not saying the Victorian government isn't culpable - the hotel security bungle, lack of coordination and preparedness with aged-care facilities - though that disaster has come from higher-up in the federal government.

2 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Open it up. If Walmart, Costco and all the other chain stores can be open the entire pandemic and be considered safe, everything else can open up. It's ridiculous.

The equivalent supermarkets over here in Australia is open, but we have measures in place to avoid contact and community transmission. Other workplaces and businesses which have public seating and close contact aren't the same thing as grocery stores where there is at least some way to maintain social distancing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Arpy said:

No, the anti-mask covidiots let themselves down and the rest of Australia - people have died because of their ignorance, arrogance and incompetence. People having parties, with all their extended families. 

 

Oh toughen up. It's just a virus.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In Quebec we now have a new colour-coded regional alert system. My region is still green!

 

The four levels are:

  • Vigilance (green). Basic measures
    • Activities maintained in compliance with provincial health rules. 
  • Early warning (yellow). Strengthened basic measures
    • Activities maintained in compliance with health rules, but with added enforcement, such as increased fines. Required when there's an increase in transmission.
  • Moderate alert (orange). Intermediate measures
    • New measures that target specific sectors and activities where the risk of transmission is    deemed higher.
  • Maximum alert (red). Maximum measures
    • Includes targeted additional and more restrictive measures that could extend to prohibiting non-essential activities, while avoiding provincewide confinement.

 

quebec-government-covid.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the South, we don’t have people giving each other the stink eye. Almost all people are wearing their masks and going about their day. When they get far from each other, they take em off and breathe. We even dine outdoors without masks while distanced from others. 

 

Australia, like California, must be a nation of cowards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have tests scheduled for tomorrow.  My spouse and I are (likely) just having an asthmatic/bronchial/allergic reaction to paint fumes as we painted our kitchen on Sunday and Monday with poor ventilation, but never can be certain I guess...we also canceled our socially distant grandparents' day plans for the weekend to be on the safe side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

In the South, we don’t have people giving each other the stink eye. Almost all people are wearing their masks and going about their day. When they get far from each other, they take em off and breathe. We even dine outdoors without masks while distanced from others. 

 

Australia, like California, must be a nation of cowards.


Aside from a few tinfoil hat wearers her there’s been no issue with masks. People just get on with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

In the South, we don’t have people giving each other the stink eye. Almost all people are wearing their masks and going about their day. When they get far from each other, they take em off and breathe. We even dine outdoors without masks while distanced from others. 

 

Australia, like California, must be a nation of cowards.

We haven't seen the case numbers or deaths other western countries have, like the US and the UK and that's thanks to a government and populace (largely) who follows scientific and medical advice. Anyone arguing the reverse had better count their losses before making a judgement call on the actions of other nations. 

 

@bruce marshall We publicly ostracize people who don't follow the mask laws, because, and let me be perfectly clear: wearing a mask and taking other preventative measures is for the sake of the society and not the individual. It's no one's right to infect another person and potentially kill them. 

Surprisingly JWFan is one of the only places online where I've encountered blatant disregard for covid safety. You're not being contrarian, you're being anti-science and look like a dumbass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arpy said:

We haven't seen the case numbers or deaths other western countries have, like the US and the UK and that's thanks to a government and populace (largely) who follows scientific and medical advice. Anyone arguing the reverse had better count their losses before making a judgement call on the actions of other nations. 

 

@bruce marshall We publicly ostracize people who don't follow the mask laws, because, and let me be perfectly clear: wearing a mask and taking other preventative measures is for the sake of the society and not the individual. It's no one's right to infect another person and potentially kill them. 

Surprisingly JWFan is one of the only places online where I've encountered blatant disregard for covid safety. You're not being contrarian, you're being anti-science and look like a dumbass.

 

I can hardly breathe in the fuckin thing. Get rid of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It varies by state here, but in my state we are required to wear masks outside in situations where we can not effectively distance 6 feet or more.  I live in a suburb where I’ve never had a problem - it’s not crowded and we can easily just cross the street if someone is coming on the same sidewalk - but when my kid and I are out for a walk I keep masks in my pocket just in case.  If we lived in the nearby city, we’d probably have to regularly wear a mask outside during awake hours due to foot traffic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My coworker Mary died Thursday from Covid. She was the glue in my 4 person office. She tested negative initially but it was false. I knew once they put her on a ventilator she was in bad bad shape. She is my 3rd coworker to die from the disease. I knew Mary for 19 years. Be safe out there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

My coworker Mary died Thursday from Covid. She was the glue in my 4 person office. She tested negative initially but it was false. I knew once they put her on a ventilator she was in bad bad shape. She is my 3rd coworker to die from the disease. I knew Mary for 19 years. Be safe out there. 

 

Sorry for your loss. That's terrible man. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...