• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

' Good' News.
CDC confirmed, again, that COVID transmission is almost exclusively restricted to INDOOR spaces. Person to person.
So, wear a mask and stay six feet apart .

No mention was made of OUTDOOR transmission.
Nor, did they mention SURFACE transmission.
It's time we opened our playgrounds and basketball courts.

It's time we once again breathe unfiltered ,  healthy, life giving FRESH AIR.

Be at Peace and without fear.

16 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

' Good' News.
CDC confirmed, again, that COVID transmission is almost exclusively restricted to INDOOR spaces. Person to person.
So, wear a mask and stay six feet apart .

No mention was made of OUTDOOR transmission.
Nor, did they mention SURFACE transmission.
It's time we opened our playgrounds and basketball courts.

It's time we once again breathe unfiltered ,  healthy, life giving FRESH AIR.

Be at Peace and without fear.

Bruce have you not been going outside in all of this?  Go outside, buddy!  Nobody's stopping you -  get some fresh air!  Or at least as fresh as you can get in the bay area sandwiched between two wildfires.

The CDC update brought it into line with science on the virus transmission. CDC hadn't publicly included guidance on aerosol transmission.  They did yesterday, citing choir practices, restaurants, etc. as dangerous.  The update was since removed, with officials stating that it was released prematurely.

I don't think that update supersedes preexisting guidance.

A question about COVID:

If it originated in China (which it did), and whether it was spread by accident or design (and there is a growing body of evidence to suggest that it was created in a laboratory, which means it was designed to harm and/or kill - who doesn't create a weapon without the intent to use it?), then why has the rest of the world not imposed a single sanction of any kind, against China? It seems to me that China is literally getting away with murder.

Now, before all you lovely moderators start screaming "Politics!", let me point out that COVID has affected the lives of every single man, woman, and child, in the developed world (and a fair few in the undeveloped world, I'll wager), and it continues to do so. This has been in our lives for almost a twelvemonth, and it shows absolutely no signs of going away. I know that JWfan is not meant to be political, but imo, this goes beyond politics.

(if the mods. think that I've overstepped the remit of JWfan, then, by all means, punish me, but please...don't shut this thread down just because one person spoke out)

33 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

A question about COVID:

If it originated in China (which it did), and whether it was spread by accident or design (and there is a growing body of evidence to suggest that it was created in a laboratory, which means it was designed to harm and/or kill - who doesn't created a weapon without the intent to use it?), then why has the rest of the world not imposed a single sanction of any kind, against China? It seems to me that China is literally getting away with murder.

Now, before all you lovely moderators start screaming "Politics!", let me point out that COVID has affected the lives of every single man, woman, and child, in the developed world (and a fair few in the undeveloped world, I'll wager), and it continues to do so. This has been in our lives for almost a twelvemonth, and it shows absolutely no signs of going away. I know that JWfan is not meant to be political, by, imo, this goes beyond politics.

(if the mods. think that I've overstepped the remit of JWfan, then, by all means, punish me, but please...don't shut this thread down just because one person spoke out)

Even mentioning your local government being slack with the weekly garbage collection is enough to get you banned from JWfan.

The only accounts permanently banned from JWFan are spam accounts

The only accounts that got a year-long ban were AI, Augie, gkgyver, maybe a few other people I'm forgetting.  I think AI maybe eventually got a permanent ban, I can't remember now, that was like a decade ago.

There's only a small amount of people who ever got a month, week, or 24 hour ban beyond that.

And none of those were ever for a political or religious post.  Threads that veer into politics or religion just get locked, people don't get banned

We're all still alive because we're under 75 and not in poor health. Congrats. Too bad we've irreparably damaged the entire world for the forseeable future closing it down to save the at-risk. It's those of us who are left who are doomed now. Say hi to your grandma for me.

5 hours ago, who cares said:

The virus will go away on 4 November. 

Actually, it probably will be even worse in the fall. If it's any indication, two months ago, we had about 80 cases per day. At present, however, we're having more than a thousand cases per day. And Belgium is not the only place were things are getting worse.

Ummm...

Is there any evidence of that? Sure big businesses were rescued before the people were but what kind of agenda screws the economy over on purpose? Even the rich and powerful are affected by this...

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they create more questions than they answer. 

38 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Three words: New World Order.

To rebuild, one has to tear down.

The New World Order isn't as new as some might think, there's always been talk of some shadowy group controlling everything. If they were so powerful and had as much control as their believers claim, we wouldn't be in this mess. What about Climate Change? That would affect the NWO as much as it does the peasants.

It makes more sense that we've encountered a new strain of a virus instead of some nefariously orchestrated plan to benefit some elite class!

9 hours ago, Alex said:

Those pesky vulnerable people dying just to fit the political agenda and narrative...

https://theconversation.com/up-to-204-691-extra-deaths-in-the-us-so-far-in-this-pandemic-year-143139

At least in the US, the overall mortality rate has spiked in 2020...politically motivated actors have killed themselves to inflate this number! But some of us here are smart enough to see through the lies.

#fuckoccamsrazor

Thank God the rest of us dropped everything and ended up on welfare to save the elderly, many of which were already in isolation in nursing homes and seemingly murdered when Covid patients where bafflingly shipped back in to these Skilled Nursing Facilities. They're skilled, alright. In getting people killed.