• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

9 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

If it was a bit closer to the next debate I wouldn’t believe it at all 

He's in quarantine for 10 to 14 days. Isn't the second 'debate' planned for next week? If so, that's going to be a problem.

2 minutes ago, AC1 said:

He's in quarantine for 10 to 14 days. Isn't the second 'debate' planned for next week? That's going to be a problem.

I thought the second debate was on the 16th? Maybe I’m wrong, I’m not following this that closely. 

I mean, people think and even say rash shit like that about other people all the time; believe it or not it's basic human nature to be just that hateful about certain individuals whom a person might find particularly loathsome, it's been happening since the dawn of time. The only difference now is Twitter provides a public platform for such unsavoury statements and the site owner continues to profit from the faux outrage engagement that follows. 

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

All those quick to mock Trump for catching the virus are being very short-sighted: it's quite possible he could experience only minor symptoms before returning to the campaign trail - his scepticism and ambivalence towards coronavirus more dangerously solidified than ever before. 

Yep. The balance of probability is still in favor of his survival, even though he’s way more likely to die than say you or I. Not accounting for the fact that he has access to healthcare and treatment options Quintus and Blume do not have. 

I hope he recovers but with enough of a bite to show him he needs to take care of the vulnerable population. 

1 hour ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

What's weird though is there's a high proportion of blue check mark types who engage in that filth, and are obviously considered by Twitter to be individuals who occupy a certain level of prominence and high profile.

TDS. 

19 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

The most surprising thing about this diagnosis is that Melania actually got close enough to him to catch it too.  

Have you seen the woman that gave it to Trump? I would post a photo of her but that would change this thread into 'The Sexy Thread' and I don't want to take any risks. My point is perhaps they were a little bit too close?

2 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Film music sucks these days anyway. This is all we have now.

The majority of discussion of film music on this forum is about older scores, not newer scores. But I'm sure you knew that. 

Good for newcomers to the forum who will enjoy the novelty of discussing their favourite oldies with other like-minded newbies (most of whom will come and go), but boring as hell for everyone else who grew tired of riding the repetitive topic carousel years ago. It's literally the same handful of subjects on repeat, over and over again. I too remember when it was fun and interesting to dive in, but the limitations of being a score enthusiast these days do eventually become apparent. 

Even the mainstay film threads over in GD are the same movies over and over again. Other Topics at least provides the old guard with an area away from boring old/new film score talk to share banter and argue amongst themselves, or at least it has traditionally done so in the past. People used to praise the JWFan "experience" for feeling the closest to something like a virtual pub with their mates. But like real bricks and mortar establishments, it's gradually being shut down.

IMO, politically and satirically tinged chit-chat make for the most interesting threads now on modern JWFan.

Can you guys go to other places on the internet to share political memes?  This isn't what Ricard wants on his website.  Follow the rules please!

I was referring to the posts above, your recent post came in as I was submitting mine.

As far as that post goes, it isn't allowed either.  Stop it or you get a ban

And you should share your wishes for him on other places on the internet, not on JWFan.  This is your last warning and my final post on the matter.

27 minutes ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

What other reasons? I just want the President to have a speedy recovery and prevail with a full bar of health.

You're not reaching him here. Go to twitter.

(Damn, Jay beat me to it!)

14 minutes ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Wtf? The man has a deadly incurable disease and we're not allowed to wish him well? What kind of evil voodoo mental gymnastics is this?

You don’t need a Twitter meme to do that. Keep your Twitter crap out of here!

Low effort reposting is annoying.