I saw the video of Trump thanking people before he left for the helicopter taking him to the hospital, and I noticed he hadn't applied his fake tan for once. It's funny how much more... human he looked, without it. Dignified, even. For once.

He looked very well, I'd say. But that's how it starts out. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

Trump's diagnosis is suspiciously timely ... anyone else wondering if he really has it, or if he just decided that he didn't fancy the re-election campaign trail and TV debates and it makes for a handy excuse and sympathy-that-turns-into-votes generator? 

Then again, if it's genuine presumably he doesn't regard it as just a 'Democrat conspiracy' any more. 

51 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Trump's diagnosis is suspiciously timely ... anyone else wondering if he really has it, or if he just decided that he didn't fancy the re-election campaign trail and TV debates and it makes for a handy excuse and sympathy-that-turns-into-votes generator? 

Then again, if it's genuine presumably he doesn't regard it as just a 'Democrat conspiracy' any more. 

That was a sarcastic remark. You know I said that sarcastically. I don't care, I got used to it.

1 hour ago, Sweeping Strings said:

In two weeks, you'll get a Superhero President who fought and won against the CHINAVIRUS!!!

:pat:

Donald Trump’s Super Tuesday: Can you can smell the fear ...

It’s looking like the indoor/outdoor gathering for the new Supreme Court nominee was a superspreader event.  Eight confirmed cases among elected officials and appointees now already, and surely more as yesterday’s tests keep coming in and the 2-14 day COVID incubation period continues...Not to mention at least 4 members of the White House press corps at this point.

Very few masks and no social distancing at that event, based on photo and video.  And these people have all been presymptomatic and interacting at events all week since then.  What a mess.

I’m sure they’ll all live, or mostly live.  The odds are on their side and they all have the means to afford and obtain the best treatment.  I don’t wish ill health or death upon anyone.  Maybe they’ll start treating this thing seriously, though.

16 hours ago, Alex said:

She lied to her daughter about it apparently. Ended up infected her family.

She lied. She lied, to us. Terminate her...immediately!

14 hours ago, mstrox said:

I’m sure they’ll all live, or mostly live.

"Mostly live"?! 

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Talk about 'karma'!

I had a chicken karma, the other day. It was lovely.

5 hours ago, AC1 said:

At least 8 people who attended the Rose Garden Event have been infected. 99% didn't wear a mask or respected social distancing. In fact, they pretended if as COVID-19 doesn't exist. Talk about 'karma'!

“Why’d we get COVID?”

0863E990-3E81-44F2-819D-4503B84BEECA.jpeg

On 10/4/2020 at 8:16 AM, Quintus said:

I don't fancy that really old dude's chances. At his age he probably feels like to hell with it anyway. I've encountered a few oldies who think like that actually, in my job. 

Karma is a wonderful thing. 

Trump still has a few days to go. 10-12 days after onset of symptoms is when you get a rough estimate if someone is going to go south. 

Regardless, the balance of probability says he is likely going to survive, sorry Cremers. 

P.S. While I appreciate the sentiment of his latest Tweet about not letting fear [of covid, in this case] dominate your life, most people also don’t get to be flown by helicopter to the world’s best hospital, with a staff of doctors and nurses dedicated just to them, the latest and greatest medical care, including classified treatments, and all at the expense of the taxpayer. 

3 minutes ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

Regardless, the balance of probability says he is likely going to survive, sorry Cremers. 

Sadness. Must be what Col Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg must have felt.

This is some joke, isn't it? The Democrats are laughing at how they've taken Trump down ironically by Trump spreading it to his administration! You just know he's walking around the White House coughing everywhere.

Oh look, yet again they're bringing up the alternative approach which some of us argued for many months ago:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/10/06/scientist-urge-return-normal-now-avoid-future-health-crises

The crucial difference being that the media is now also coming around to that way of thinking. Funny that. 

It is up to the elderly and the other higher risk groups to use their common sense and avoid risky public spaces. The rest of productive society can no longer continue to jeopardise their own futures for demographic groups who are largely capable of looking after themselves, with help measures put into place. There shouldn't be an expectation from the elderly that the rest of the world will put themselves damagingly on hold indefinitely, just for them. 

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

Oh look, yet again they're bringing up the alternative approach which some of us argued for many months ago:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/10/06/scientist-urge-return-normal-now-avoid-future-health-crises

The crucial difference being that the media is now also coming around to that way of thinking. Funny that. 

Totally unlike here, then.

4 hours ago, Arpy said:

This is some joke, isn't it? The Democrats are laughing at how they've taken Trump down ironically by Trump spreading it to his administration! You just know he's walking around the White House coughing everywhere.

I still don’t believe he has it. Lots of people in the White House have it but I doubt he did. 

I don't see a scenario where faking it would benefit anybody politically, and he certainly looked ill in his videos and his grand march back home.  They even had to do a snip/edit in the first hospital video, presumably to remove a cough.

Several White House domestic staff members and Kelly Ann Conway's daughter also tested positive.  Demonstrative of how one infection, presumably an asymptomatic or presymptomatic one at that White House confirmation announcement deal a week and a half ago, can spiral into something so much bigger if proper precautions (masking and distancing) are not taken at all times.

There's talk of Don Jr. and Ivanka staging an intervention to get Trump to reel it in. I admit, it's a somewhat bold move to face the press and show himself to the world going through what must be hell and to show his supporters he's still going.

I think it should be allowed to discuss politicians having or not having COVID - nobody thought it was against the rules when it was posted Boris Johnson got it, right? The US president and his associates shouldn't be treated different than that.

Political opinions as always are not allowed, in this or any thread.  Opinions about how COVID should be handled by those in charge should be allowed though right?  If not, I don't know what else there is to talk about any more with regard to COVID.  Should the thread be locked until a vaccine rolls out?