• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

In many ways, Drax never left, sir. He's always offered the same high quality meals at competitive prices.

Wait, you guys are getting food out of this place?

7 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

S' not me, I'm masking and sanitising when out and about! 

By the looks of things you’re the only one! 😛

We’re adding restrictions in Donegal, Cavan, and Monaghan because of the spread from the North. 

Amongst other restrictions, these kick in tomorrow here for a month -

Our pubs and restaurants shut again (apart from takeaways and deliveries, and those will close at 11:00 pm).

Alcohol sales in offys and supermarkets are not allowed after 8:00 pm. 

'Close contact' services such as hairdressers and beauticians to close again, apart from those that are 'essential health interventions/therapeutics'. 

No indoor sport/organised contact sport of any kind, apart from at 'elite level'. 

Half-term school holiday is 2 weeks long instead of 2 days or whatever. I'm sure the kids are gutted, lol.   

It's insane people in my country think a lockdown is inhumane, but conveniently overlook the alarming statistics of other countries. It's shocking and sickening to see 200k deaths reached in the US, when we've had less than 1k here in Australia.

16 minutes ago, Arpy said:

It's insane people in my country think a lockdown is inhumane, but conveniently overlook the alarming statistics of other countries. It's shocking and sickening to see 200k deaths reached in the US, when we've had less than 1k here in Australia.

People want to go back to work and reopen their businesses so they can pay their bills/rent/mortgage.

27 minutes ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

People want to go back to work and reopen their businesses so they can pay their bills/rent/mortgage.

Makes sense. No doubt the "Stay Home, Save Lives!" crowd AKA the Shut It Downers aren't affected by this. I'm sure the idea of Essential Workers going out to work in the new Corona frontier every day to earn a living is absolutely repulsive to them. 

1 minute ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Makes sense. No doubt the "Stay Home, Save Lives!" crowd AKA the Shut It Downers aren't affected by this. I'm sure the idea of Essential Workers going out to work in the new Corona frontier every day to earn a living is absolutely repulsive to them. 

Probably a bunch of civil servant weirdo types.

The reality of the China Virus deaths is that about half were in nursing homes where the people were already in isolation and being cared for, and the rest were weak, unhealthy people of significant age with underlying issues. They were not in good shape to begin with. The United States is known for unhealthy lifestyles and many of these people were not just victims of the China Virus, but their own life choices. Obesity was a big factor, for instance. 8 months or whatever later, what we know now is no different than what we knew in the beginning. Yet all the most susceptible were not protected well enough.

3 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Amongst other restrictions, these kick in tomorrow here for a month -

Our pubs and restaurants shut again (apart from takeaways and deliveries, and those will close at 11:00 pm).

Alcohol sales in offys and supermarkets are not allowed after 8:00 pm. 

'Close contact' services such as hairdressers and beauticians to close again, apart from those that are 'essential health interventions/therapeutics'. 

No indoor sport/organised contact sport of any kind, apart from at 'elite level'. 

Half-term school holiday is 2 weeks long instead of 2 days or whatever. I'm sure the kids are gutted, lol.   

Numbers a good bit down for ye today. Hopefully the start of a trend!

2 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

No shit, it's just many of the small businesses affected by the shutdown are the areas where transmission is more likely to occur. 

1 hour ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

The reality of the China Virus deaths is that about half were in nursing homes where the people were already in isolation and being cared for, and the rest were weak, unhealthy people of significant age with underlying issues. They were not in good shape to begin with. The United States is known for unhealthy lifestyles and many of these people were not just victims of the China Virus, but their own life choices. Obesity was a big factor, for instance. 8 months or whatever later, what we know now is no different than what we knew in the beginning. Yet all the most susceptible were not protected well enough.

Indeed the US was stuffed before the pandemic, but the handling of the virus has been disgraceful. No stimulus deal to support the vulnerable and vulnerable businesses is, in 2020, the most egregious thing in the face of so much loss and hardship. 

9 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

I met Giuliani when he was in Brisbane in 2011.

What a lovely story.

50 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Barron Trump also had COVID-19. 

And Papa Trump thinks it's OK either way. If B. Trump survives, he's proven himself as a worthy heir, if he doesn't, he wasn't worthy of the name.

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

No shit, it's just many of the small businesses affected by the shutdown are the areas where transmission is more likely to occur. 

Just let them take precautions like hand sanitisers and whatever. Why do you people feel such levels of schadenfraude towards business owners having to close and workers being laid off?

56 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

And Papa Trump thinks it's OK either way. If B. Trump survives, he's proven himself as a worthy heir, if he doesn't, he wasn't worthy of the name.

This proves that The Boys is about Trump. 

The-Boys-Homelander.jpg

21 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Numbers a good bit down for ye today. Hopefully the start of a trend!

Cheers! I saw Bill And Ted for a second time yesterday and had dinner in a nearby pub afterwards, thought I might as well as after 6:00 this evening we won't be able to again until mid-November.  

13 hours ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

If you normalize France’s daily numbers to the US’s population, the US would have had close to 150,000 new cases today. 

How embarrassing for the enlightened Europeans! 

It was dumb of them to greenlight the Tour De France during an epidemic. All the Frenchies gather together in the small town cafes to follow the tour on TV.

33 minutes ago, publicist said:

It's an ideological need now to see Sweden - or whoever is *against us* - fail. As he reasons pointedly, that which must not, can not be. 

It has more to do with being their 'survival of the strongest' theory and very little with 'they are against us'.

12 minutes ago, publicist said:

No Alex, it has become exactly as ideological as expected. That guys like you will haul out such misleading *theory* (that no swedish official ever declared) proves my case.

Actually, they called it "herd immunity", which is the same. No protection, no safety measures, just let it rip. Maybe you have forgotten?

No, it's just not true. Also, there were *of course* measures taken, just not the same as in the rest of Europe, and even there many were just lip service (I can attest to that, living in a town of 4 million). Where do you get your stuff, UninformedCentral?

3 minutes ago, publicist said:

Where do you get your stuff, UninformedCentral?

That would mean I would read and believe your 'crazy' opinions, which I most certainly don't.

If a government says: Nah, we're not going to listen to anybody (not the scientists or the WHO) and instead count on herd immunity, then it's telling the people "It's no big deal, we don't take this serious."

Funny, because you always took their point of view. Like Fox, you are always questioning the seriousness of the virus. It's why you hated the numbers. Numbers made it seem real. Numbers aren't a game, your constant 'undermining' is.

1 hour ago, publicist said:

It's an ideological need now to see Sweden - or whoever is *against us* - fail. As he reasons pointedly, that which must not, can not be. 

It's been like this all along. Governments/people went quids in, one way or another. For them to be right, they need the others to be wrong. It is highly desirable for the alternative paths to be wrong, whatever the cost. I honestly think that for some observers/commentators the failures and deaths are worth the cost to get to feel right.