• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

18 minutes ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

Alex, Sweden has had pretty strong lockdowns compared to the world. 

No lockdown in the beginning (unlike the rest of Europe) and only social distancing on a voluntary basis. 

6 hours ago, publicist said:

I am highly critical of Germany's dependence on test results only. Since months now they dodge the issue that you should put the number of critical cases in relation to that, and especially that the detection is in no way an indicator how contagious a person might be. It's always presented like positive test=sick/ill. Which seems to me a peculiar way of dealing with this particular problem, especially after dealing with it for almost 10 months now.

Absolutely!

That's very easy, even if fearmongers like you wouldn't want to have it: accept that the disease's progress isn't nearly as disastrous as has been predicted, stop issuing those numbers without relating them to actual cases of real disease activity, keep the masks (for now) and take back all drastic measures like closing down public life.

And in a year or so scratch your head what all this was about.

The Draconian Lockdowns must end. They don't even really work, and we've all know where it's been headed without more "Experts" warning us of the disastrous effects. But certain people seem to just love Big Government deciding the fate of everyone who isn't going to die while they work from home or collect The Dole. As many as 8 million Americans may have gone in to poverty and if you compare the death numbers to the unemployment numbers...I know I'm just a heartless bastard, but I have to ask if it was all worth it. Give up your livelihood to "save" hypothetical lives? 

Contrary to the claims made by the agenda riddled editorials of the popular pro lockdown press (and as eagerly parroted by the readily suppressed likes of Alexcreamers and Bilbo Spankins), geographical guinea pig Sweden is actually preparing to double down on its overarching long game (much longer than the armchair Nostradamus' have gamed on here, anyway) pro GDP strategy; even going as far as to encourage pensioners to mingle - as cases there level out a second time. 

Look beyond your regular comfort zone sources though, and some of the reporting out in the wild remains intrigued by the Swedish position. In fact one doesn't even need to scroll more than halfway down a search result page to find support, in the actual media. Mind-blowing stuff, huh. 

11 hours ago, publicist said:

... even if fearmongers like you ...

Sorry, I didn't want to frighten you. 

Anyway, Ireland is the first European country to go back to a full lockdown.

11 hours ago, publicist said:

accept that the disease's progress isn't nearly as disastrous as has been predicted,

More than a million deaths? Not sure why anyone would say that. I remember you already said the same thing when it was 'merely' 50.000. 

4 hours ago, publicist said:

...  now it's time to let cooler heads prevail.

Cooler hearts, you mean.

4 hours ago, publicist said:

His biggest regret now is that Belgium isn't part of China.

No, don't want to live in a country that downplays the threat a la pubs. It's why so many are dead now. 

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Anyway, Ireland is the first European country to go back to a full lockdown.

Eh. It’s not really full lockdown like it was in March. A lot of shops are allowed to remain open. Weddings are still able to go ahead (limit of 25 people), and school and childcare are going ahead as normal but most importantly of all... the GAA championship is being run. 

You’re not supposed to go more than 5km from your home but living in the countryside that’s not really a big deal. 

It’s being reported as a full lockdown but it’s not really as intense as all that.

29 minutes ago, AC1 said:

What about pubs and restaurants? Here in Belgium they are closed again for a month (at least). Anyone who can work from home must do so. And people aren't allowed to go outside between 12.00 and 5.00. 

Pubs that don’t serve food are closed. Anywhere that serves food is open for takeaway. If you can work from home you’re supposed to and we have no curfew so if I wanted to go into the nearest town and jog around at 3am I could. But I’m not an idiot so I’ll be in bed. 

56 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Pubs that don’t serve food are closed. Anywhere that serves food is open for takeaway. If you can work from home you’re supposed to and we have no curfew so if I wanted to go into the nearest town and jog around at 3am I could. But I’m not an idiot so I’ll be in bed. 

Hmm, I guess the only difference is that I can go everywhere in the country. For now ...

All sports centres are open. Face masks only required at crowded places, shops and public transport. 

Disneyland California to reopen. Soon the tea cups will be refilled with Gruesomeness:

wrlreeimz9941.jpg

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/disneyland-reopening-guidelines-1234811182/

15 hours ago, AC1 said:

Hmm, I guess the only difference is that I can go everywhere in the country. For now ...

All sports centres are open. Face masks only required at crowded places, shops and public transport. 

Disneyland California to reopen. Soon the tea cups will be refilled with Gruesomeness:

wrlreeimz9941.jpg

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/disneyland-reopening-guidelines-1234811182/

What kind of strange person would go near a theme park at the moment? That’s surely asking for trouble. 

6 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Yay, I can get married!!!

Oh, wait! I'm not engaged. I don't even have a girlfriend. I'm so depre- (gun shot).

there there. There there. 

Disneyland is not opening. More Fake News from Alex, no surprise there. They may not even open next year under these restrictions and when they are eventually "allowed" to reopen, they will not be able to operate in any way that is sustainable. Clearly, the Governor of California wants all parks in the state out of business.

Every other major park in the world is open.

23 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Somehow, your post about Alex being weird showed up twice. No idea why. There's only one, now.

Well, I'm certainly not as common as Quintus, but why am I weird? Because I believe in science? 

23 hours ago, AC1 said:

No, don't want to live in a country that downplays the threat a la pubs. It's why so many are dead now. 

Nobody downplays anything. But one thing you make certain time and time again here is that you are just a conformist liar who cherrypicks only the 'truths' that will fit his own narrow views. As soon as these are challenged - not always successfully, but often enough - you drag out your millions of dead guys as proof of your own moral superiority. 

Alex Cremers, you are disgusting and hereby finally ignored.