• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

At this point nationwide lockdowns in hard-hit places are a sham. They are not lockdowns. They can’t kick this thing out anymore. The window of opportunity is way past gone for that. Idiot politicians around the world missed their chance to control this when it was controllable. 

Targeted lockdowns in areas that have things under control are more effective. But locking down the country of France with skyrocketing cases...it’ll just take the edge off.

Number of people testing positive for antibodies has dropped by 26%, after only months. Big clue that there is no long-lasting immunity. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54696873

It looks like immunity lasts around 7 months...

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/10/studies-show-long-term-covid-19-immune-response

By comparison, the common cold gives you immunity for 2-3 years.

The problem is that COVID can do cumulative/permanent lung damage. But hopefully the first time is the worst...we’ll see.

Methinks the best bet is to mask up and try not to get a huge initial load, IF you have to get sick before there are cheap, seasonal vaccinations available. Big viral loads are how you get fucked up. 

Does COVID spread through loads?

COVID does not seem to spread through loads as far as we can tell. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/expert-answers/sex-and-coronavirus/faq-20486572#:~:text=There is currently no evidence,could be transmitted sexually.

So keep your face mask on, but you can skip the Willy-mask...

Of course these health sexperts also though masks didn’t work as part of a propaganda campaign a few months ago...

10 minutes ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

Your new name sucks. 

You’re the big man, I think. I don’t know, maybe you’re not, but you’re the big man, I think. Your son said we have to give 10 per cent to the big man. What’s that all about? It’s terrible.

14 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

You’re the big man, I think. I don’t know, maybe you’re not, but you’re the big man, I think. Your son said we have to give 10 per cent to the big man. What’s that all about? It’s terrible.

I can’t believe you wasted your once every few days name change on this. The old name, it had character. It was sly. It was rebellious. It was exotic. Had humor. You look like the girl next door now. 

10 minutes ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

I can’t believe you wasted your once every few days name change on this. The old name, it had character. It was sly. It was rebellious. It was exotic. Had humor. You look like the girl next door now. 

This is a phony witch hunt and you're fake news!

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

My fellow American friends, I'm sorry, but just in case you already thought about it... :P

Moving to Canada Won’t Save You

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/move-to-canada-trump.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Move to the Highlands of Scotland. We've plenty of room, here.

Och, aye, the noo. Hoots mon? We've been oot, and aboot :)

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

Another lockdown coming in for us by the sounds of it. Whatever it takes to keep the strain off the health service, plus hopefully I'll get to spend some more time at home (fingers crossed). 

Like chopping your hand off to take the edge off metastatic cancer at this point. 

17 hours ago, Kühni said:

I don't know whether to be consoled or highly alarmed that so many countries are taking measures that more than superficially reek of 1930s Germany. :|

Here in Victoria, my state in Australia we've just come out of a rather tough lockdown and zero new cases (so far) for the last week. There was nothing draconian about it, just common sense and taking the official health advice.

Kind of foolish to throw around those comparisons when one was a horrific abuse of power that inflicted death and destruction and the other a democratically authorized action taken to suppress the spread of a virus...

Was the lockdown harsh? Yes, we made a personal sacrifice to our freedoms in our ability to go shopping, or eat out at a restaurant, or see friends, but we did so that we could stand a better chance of returning to that normalcy whilst safeguarding those most vulnerable in our society. 

5 minutes ago, Kühni said:

"democratically authorized action"

The Premier of my state and others had to go against the direction of our Prime Minister to install the lockdowns and the benefits of that have meant we've avoided the absolute shit-show our fellow nations have gotten themselves into.