18 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Yeah, but idiots like the Governor of NY would rather delay the vaccine to kill as many elderly people and put as many people out of business as possible. Funny, 8 months ago, people were clamoring for a vaccine. Now it seems like some people want to just live like this forever. Some sort of Covidian Stockholm Syndrome. 

They just wanna be on the dole forever and ever.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

2 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Yeah, but idiots like the Governor of NY would rather delay the vaccine to kill as many elderly people and put as many people out of business as possible. Funny, 8 months ago, people were clamoring for a vaccine. Now it seems like some people want to just live like this forever. Some sort of Covidian Stockholm Syndrome. 

That's a big YUP from me. 

I'm in NY, and there are people here ready to destroy that guy because they have family members that were unnecessarily killed by long term care home policies. 

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

I got a separate line all to myself. Special emphasis, VIP treatment. 

I don't act hysterical enough and post case and death statistics, but rather observe the social distancing mandates to impede the virus. But I'm the weirdo. Funny how that works.

There's nothing wrong with being weird anyway. It's a running injoke in our house that it is the weirdo household, the kids are proud to be little weirdos (with fabulous senses of humour). Alex is dull as dishwasher by comparison, at least as far as his online persona goes. But who knows, he could be like Rupaul in real life. 

2 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I don't act hysterical enough and post case and death statistics, but rather observe the social distancing mandates to impede the virus. But I'm the weirdo. Funny how that works.

I know they don't show COVID statistics on your beloved Fox News (to protect the guru), but outside your little make-believe bubble, it's actually normal. And talking about hysterical behaviour:

20201022_110427.jpg

It doesn't get worse than this. 

On 11/13/2020 at 10:54 PM, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

As I'm an Essential Worker, hopefully I get earlier access to the Vaccine so I can really rub it in Alex's face that I'm immune.

My wife and I genuinely believe our whole household likely already had the virus last winter time, around the month of December. We passed it around the six of us over the period of about eight weeks, it was rough AF. Literally the worst case of prolonged shitty feeling we could ever remember experiencing and not your regular seasonal cold by a long shot. 

When reports began materialising in the summer about possible cases being traced all the way back to the end 2019 in France and the UK, we made the link, speculative as it is. At one time last December, our children's junior school had practically empty classes - the kids were all at home. It was bizarre at the time, but with the benefit of hindsight it is striking.

But then we also remembered that we spent a chunk of last December in the company of my cousin and his Chinese girlfriend, who had came over for the Christmas festivities. When they returned to China before the new year they both became mildly sick themselves. I can't remember if it was at that time my cousin posted about testing positive with Covid-19, or if that was later in the year. 

Everyone I know in this region believes they may have had it early this year. I felt deathly ill for two days and then made a quick recovery with the aid of Mexican delivery food. I also rapidly infected my roommate, who immediately had it just at the time I began to feel better, albeit with a recurring cough. I likely contracted it from Covid-carrying tourists at Disneyland, before they closed it down and while the asinine W.H.O. was falsely telling us the virus wasn't transmissible human to human.

Unfortunately, those bogus social media "Fact Checker" things weren't around back then to tell us China, W.H.O. and Fauci were all full of shit and we should probably be wearing masks and keeping the elderly locked down. Now I don't trust anyone or anything.

I'll be serious for change.

We all wonder how this pandemic will affect our economies. Is it okay to send all restaurants and bars to the trash bin? And all the employees of that sector?

And only for the death of people that would have died in the next year anyway.

But...but...but....

Fauci told me there was no reason to wear a mask. If we had these magical social media "Fact Checkers" in place when it mattered, they could have disputed that and warned everyone not to listen to him. It was widely accepted at that point that we shouldn't wear a mask and now all they talk about is masks. How do you get that so completely wrong?

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dr Fauci has worked under 6 Presidents and is the one of the world’s leading infectious disease experts. The idea that he’s somehow a liar or a partisan hack is honestly the most ludicrous conspiracies that’s come out of this pandemic.

Eh, look at who you’re dealing with. 

I see BoJo has to self isolate because of close contact. 

Moving on now ...

- The Pfizer vaccine won't be the only one. Another vaccine developer has passed their first testing and says their COVID-19 vaccine is 95% effective. You can except several more effective vaccines being announced the coming weeks and months. 

- The bad news is that Pfizer has said that the world will not return to normal life until next winter. 

images.jpeg

On 11/15/2020 at 2:18 PM, Quintus said:

My wife and I genuinely believe our whole household likely already had the virus last winter time, around the month of December. We passed it around the six of us over the period of about eight weeks, it was rough AF. Literally the worst case of prolonged shitty feeling we could ever remember experiencing and not your regular seasonal cold by a long shot. 

When reports began materialising in the summer about possible cases being traced all the way back to the end 2019 in France and the UK, we made the link, speculative as it is. At one time last December, our children's junior school had practically empty classes - the kids were all at home. It was bizarre at the time, but with the benefit of hindsight it is striking.

But then we also remembered that we spent a chunk of last December in the company of my cousin and his Chinese girlfriend, who had came over for the Christmas festivities. When they returned to China before the new year they both became mildly sick themselves. I can't remember if it was at that time my cousin posted about testing positive with Covid-19, or if that was later in the year. 

Quint, are you from the UK? Our family had the exact same experience, a truly awful cold last December.

The only reason for this pandemic to be persisting until next Winter is if they delay the distribution of the vaccine, and I wouldn't put it past certain people in office in the USA to do such a thing. Maybe not 100% immunity by next Winter, but no reason to still have everything closed and everyone out of work by then. That's preposterous. But, I can still see it happening because of all the BS Anti-Vax fear mongering and an unwillingness by individuals to surrender these emergency powers and stop over-regulating and restricting everything and having everyone on The Dole and/or in poverty for our collective Safety. Everyone in USA should have access to it by April. Let's see what happens.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:18 PM, Quintus said:

Literally the worst case of prolonged shitty feeling we could ever remember experiencing...

Try working where I was, for the past two years. You'd get "shitty".

4 hours ago, AC1 said:

Pfizer has said that the world will not return to normal life until next winter. 

images.jpeg

Really? The company making (and selling!) the vaccine, has said that the world will not return to normal for another year?

Alarm bells?

5 hours ago, AC1 said:

Moving on now ...

- The Pfizer vaccine won't be the only one. Another vaccine developer has passed their first testing and says their COVID-19 vaccine is 95% effective. You can except several more effective vaccines being announced the coming weeks and months. 

And more promising - it does not require the same deep freeze as the Pfizer vaccine!  It can be stored in freezers that pharmacies and doctors' offices already have - same temp as the chicken pox vaccine, and then refrigeratable for a month.  So one of the big logistical hurdles goes away with this one.

Fauci said today that they'd be likely to get first doses to frontline workers and compromised individuals at the very tail end of the year, and to the rest of the country by next summer.  How fast we return to normal depends on a few things - buy-in on the vaccine from people who are hesitant, how rampant COVID is in the community at the time, whether the vaccine also makes acquired infection less severe (90-95% effectiveness does not guarantee you won't get sick).

It also depends on what you mean by "back to normal," and the level of personal risk you're willing to assume.  Presumably you could fairly safely "go back to normal" 2 weeks after your second shot, even if the rest of the world hasn't gone back to normal with you.  I'm sure that when I go back into regular life I'll still wear a mask for a while, until community spread is nil (I also may be teleworking forever, because I can't imagine my agency will look at the power/rent savings as a negative).