• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I don't notice anything either.

Time for me to chime in I guess.   1- I am not dead, as apparently some of you have theorised.   2- Things are....pretty dire over here. 546 dead according to the latest numbers, a

These GOP governors long resisted mask mandates and coronavirus rules. Now their states are in crisis.

(CNN) Since Covid-19 hit US shores, Republican governors in the Upper Midwest and Northern Plains have largely taken a hands-off approach. The results of that strategy have been poor.

When adjusted for population, no states have had more new Covid-19 infections, hospitalizations and deaths over the past seven days than North and South Dakota. The nearby states of Iowa, Wyoming, Nebraska and Idaho are not far behind

Wear a f#%$* MASK!

Williams, an extremely elderly At-Risk man not socially distanced, not wearing a mask over his face, surrounded by people not wearing masks, not even equipped with an N95 mask, all in the most restrictive Purple Tier in Los Angeles, which is allegedly having a spike and now has a curfew. It's not looking good for the Maestro.

It's entirely irresponsible and selfish of this man to be out and about gathering unmasked with unmasked people, ignoring social distancing mandates in an Unprecedented Global Pandemic. He isn't Essential and neither is golf. He needs to stay home and wear a mask.

Like South Australia where no-one is allowed to have a jog around the block anymore. I swear they'll be banning people from their backyards now.

What are these people hiding? Do authorities want people at home so they're not out and about witnessing the government doing something illegal?

6 hours ago, AC1 said:

The Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine is ready.

The bad news: It's only for 70% effective.

The good news: Can be preserved at normal fridge temperatures for 5 years. 

They tried two different delivery techniques - one of them was ~90% effective and the other was ~65%.  The 70% effective is some sort of average of the two (not an average of the two percentages, but maybe skewed due to the number of people in each trial).  So presumably the end product would be delivered in the former way (a half dose followed by a full dose a month later) and the vaccine would be approximately 90% effective.

We’re doing great here after our school reopening spike and in the lead-up to the why-are-people-traveling-for-the-holiday season.  

C88E9618-B4B5-46FA-9366-08F2E0E8FE6D.jpeg

F90332E5-6A62-4412-BCFD-EB0E56BE3557.jpeg

Blimey, Alex really does lap up his breaking headlines like they're going out of fashion doesn't he. As the day went on today, the 70% figure was practically dropped by the news, I noticed. In the end, this particular vaccine will be significantly more effective than the efficacy figure first reported on at the crack of dawn this morning. Not to mention cheaper and more practical than the alternatives. They're calling it "the vaccine for the world". It's none profit. 

Besides, go back in time a month or so ago and report this breakthrough: 70% would be regarded as a major success by anyone's standards. Even that level of effectiveness is essentially enough to eradicate all the extra seasonal strain on hospitals, and put an end to lockdown life. Literally any safe vaccine is a sure way out of the pandemic. 

Not that I'll be having it. I'm only 43, so it isn't required. Fantastic news for the oldies and the at risk, though (including those in hard up countries). 

8 months ago, people were clamoring for a vaccine, now everyone's an Anti-Vaxer and complacent with Covid. Anything to get out of taking the vaccine and having it mass distributed to curb this thing. It's the schadenfreude we've talked about. We can have absolutely no good news, no optimism. Even JW doesn't observe the Social Distancing Mandates.

22 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

8 months ago, people were clamoring for a vaccine, now everyone's an Anti-Vaxer and complacent with Covid. Anything to get out of taking the vaccine and having it mass distributed to curb this thing. It's the schadenfreude we've talked about. We can have absolutely no good news, no optimism. Even JW doesn't observe the Social Distancing Mandates.

Just imagine all those ardent anti-vaxxers ending up in intensive care next wintertime. Pleading for the jab, although too late. Behind the cubicle curtain, these scenarios are going to happen, these will be the begging gasps of the principled idiots of the world.

Right? I feel bad for the people who are sacrificing their livelihoods and congratulating themselves for dooming their economies. Obviously, "Crumbs" was unaffected by these strict lockdowns, was not put out of business and on to The Dole and was also never remotely at risk of dying from the Coronavirus. More than likely upper class.