Fix Or Repair Daily

Lurker

But just to be fair I sent a link to both this thread and the front page story to the head of SONY CLASSICAL.

I'm sure they are well aware of this story at this point.

You of all people should know that some people (mostly studio insiders, composers, recording engineers, filmmakers) do have personal collections of material not released to the general public, and for the most part it STAYS unreleased unless one leaks out (and then becomes a "bootleg").

I recall once Ford playing unreleased music on his radio show saying that sometimes these things just come in over the transom. Yeah, right Ford. Funny how you wound up with unused music from Star Trek - The Motion Picture after producing the album. What an amazing coincidence. Does Sony know about this?

Neil

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Thaxton, I really doesn't see the reason why Ocelot should be lying and bullying us about such a matter. He's a composer and an orchestrator who works in Hollywood and probably he knows people who should have this 2-Cd set and/or are close to Williams' ambient.  

Or he was just bored and wanted a few laughs and giggles watching everyone's reaction.

And if he is indeed Professional in the field as he claims, his conduct here is rather UNPROFESSIONAL IMHO.

Who'd want to work with someone who would leak this sort information to a website.

I'm sorry folks, but I'm not buying what he is trying to sell.

If that upsets you, oh well.

Ford A. Thaxton

And if he is indeed Professional in the field as he claims, his conduct here is rather UNPROFESSIONAL IMHO.

This could quite possibly be one of the funniest things I've seen you post, Ford. Amazingly, even the spelling is correct.

I've known "Ocelot" for over a year now. I even spent a nice afternoon with him once. His credentials at this board are well known. He has never posted false information before.

Now, what I find perplexing is that someone who claims to be a professional plays bootleg material on his internet radio show, and then claims no knowledge as to where it came from. Now who seems unprofessional?

Neil

You know something Ford, your kind makes me laugh.

First of all I do not lie about anything I write. You can ask the people that like me and don't like me on this board and I think the one thing they will all say is that I have never given false information, and I stand by my principles, whether be it about my personal life or professionally. Whether anyone has probelms with my gayness or my views, I stand by them. I respect who I am and I love who I am as a person. Why are you so on the attack? Have I done anything to offend your sensibilities?

As for having a laugh and giggles from the board, I usually do that with the manner in which I write my posts as I did on the thread about Giaccino's music. Not by telling lies for reactions. I am 35 years old, not a teenager who is trying to "be cool". As for being professional or not, I believe was being professional. I did not name the person or the magazine they worked for, and if this is a way of trying to get it out of me, too bad. I always keep my confidences. As for acting unprofessional on this board, not in the slightest. I do not try and inflate my ego as to who I am, who my family is, what I do or otherwise... On this board I am like anyone else, a fan of Williams music. If there is a 2 CD, I too would love to own it, so why not talk about it? As for my working professionally in Hollywood, I do, I haven't made it yet, but I work hard at it, and I am trying to make it. If you think people should not work with me so be it. I don't care who you are, who Lucas is or anyone else for this matter. I DO NOT care about names, what I care about is people's actions and the way they conduct themselves towards me. I was brought up to believe that no matter what station you are born in, everyone deserves respect, and instead of attacking people at the first mention of anything in a public forum like this when they did not do anything to you personally, maybe it's a wiser action to talk to the person privately. I am not SELLING anything, Mr. Thaxton, apart from information that was told to me. The person might have told me in confidence but the information itself was not something I was not to talk about. He himself was trying to get a hold of a copy so please, get over yourself.

As for anything smelling fishy, I suggest you go to the source of these alegations for if I were to stoop to your level for a second I would say something like this...

Don't over inflate your obviously flailing and bruised ego by eating cheap sturgeon instead of Caviar. That way the fishiness would not be lingering on your snake like tongue.

Good day Mr. Thaxton!

I got chills reading your post, Wael. I hope you know that Mr. Thaxton's views are just the opposite from mine, and though I can only speak for myself, I would imagine that the same goes for almost everyone here.

Ray Barnsbury

This could quite possibly be one of the funniest things I've seen you post, Ford. Amazingly, even the spelling is correct.

I've known "Ocelot" for over a year now. I even spent a nice afternoon with him once. His credentials at this board are well known. He has never posted false information before.

Neil

The fact that you've know this person for a year doesn' mean I have to accept a single thing he says as being truthful unless it is supported by the facts.

Which so far this story hasn't been.

Ford A. Thaxton

You know, Neil, you do have the power to ban this censored now. Go on, abuse it, you know you want to! :)

:) The Dark Side Beckons

You know, Neil, you do have the power to ban this  censored  now. Go on, abuse it, you know you want to!  :)

Though Ford has personally insulted me, it was at the FSM board so sadly I cannot ban him just for that. I don't want to abuse the power.

However, I only trade for his CD's now, so I don't have to support him. :)

I do like how he is avoiding the fact that he broadcast unreleased music from a project that he worked on, a project that was released by Sony, the same Sony he conctacted about this Attack of the Clones set.

Many of you probably remember that internet broadcast. If I recall correctly, it was in late 1999/early 2000. Ford played Goldsmith's original unreleased version of "The Enterprise" from Star Trek - The Motion Picture. Ford was the "Associate Producer" on the 20th Anniversary release of TMP, released by Sony Legacy. He also played unreleased Superman - The Movie music. This was before the Rhino album came out. It was from an inferior source, and in typical Ford fashion, in some instances the wrong takes were used. I believe the rejected score to The Mission was played as well. Ford's explanation was that sometimes things just sort of fall through the transom. I find that highly unlikely and extremely unprofessional.

Neil

Oh well, you can't say I didn't try Neil. :)

I do like how he is avoiding the fact that he broadcast unreleased music from a project that he worked on, a project that was released by Sony, the same Sony he conctacted about this Attack of the Clones set.

Supposedly contacted. After all, I certainly have no reason to take him for his word; however, as you well know, Wael has proved his honesty on more than one occasion.

You know, Neil, you do have the power to ban this  censored  now. Go on, abuse it, you know you want to!  :)

Though Ford has personally insulted me it was at the FSM board so sadly I cannot ban him just for that. I don't want to abuse the power.

If that is what you call POWER.

However, I only trade for his CD's now, so I don't have to support him.  :)

And the labels that release these recordings as well

Some might call that the act of a petty human being.

Well, at last report this was a PUBLIC forum,so I don't see any problem pointing out the original story and this discussion about it.

Are you saying that you didn't want them to read this forum?

Many of you probably remember that internet broadcast.  If I recall correctly, it was in late 1999/early 2000.  Ford played Goldsmith's original unreleased version of "The Enterprise" from Star Trek - The Motion Picture.  Ford was the "Associate Producer" on the 20th Anniversary release of TMP, released by Sony Legacy.

Yes, the recording I played has been floating around for YEARS, it was nice little surprise for the audience.

SONY didn't have any problem with it.

He also played unreleased Superman - The Movie music.  This was before the Rhino album came out.  It was from an inferior source, and in typical Ford fashion, in some instances the wrong takes were used.

Well, the source was Doug Fake, I played Two pieces, both of which ended up on the RHINO CD.

As for "Wrong Takes", they were marked FINAL takes.

Oh well, it was after all four years ago, I'm amazed that you seem to think even a issue at this late date.

I believe the rejected score to The Mission was played as well.  Ford's explanation was that sometimes things just sort of fall through the transom.  I find that highly unlikely and extremely unprofessional.

Neil

And you'd be wrong yet again. The unreleased score was WHAT DREAMS MAY COME, I got it from one of the film's producers who said go ahead and use it.

Now is there anything else you want to bitch about?

Oh well, you can't say I didn't try Neil. :)

Supposedly contacted. After all, I certainly have no reason to take him for his word; however, as you well know, Wael has proved his honesty on more than one occasion.

I did send links directly to Peter Gelb's office at SONY CLASSICAL.

If you wish to doubt my word, no problem.

Ford A. Thaxton

Though Ford has personally insulted me, it was at the FSM board so sadly I cannot ban him just for that. I don't want to abuse the power.

Neil

I also wanted to thank you for proving time and again my comments in that thread were die on correct in regards to you.

Ford A. Thaxton

However, I only trade for his CD's now, so I don't have to support him.  :)

And the labels that release these recordings as well

Some might call that the act of a petty human being.

I still buy plenty of albums, I'm just doing my best to avoid yours. I don't see why I should support someone that feels the need to put me down. I have much better things to spend my money on.

Well, at last report this was a PUBLIC forum,so I don't see any problem pointing out the original story and this discussion about it.

Are you saying that you didn't want them to read this forum?

I'm saying that you avoided this particular topic until I blatantly challenged you on it.

Many of you probably remember that internet broadcast.  If I recall correctly, it was in late 1999/early 2000.  Ford played Goldsmith's original unreleased version of "The Enterprise" from Star Trek - The Motion Picture.  Ford was the "Associate Producer" on the 20th Anniversary release of TMP, released by Sony Legacy.

Yes, the recording I played has been floating around for YEARS, it was nice little surprise for the audience.

SONY didn't have any problem with it.

Yeah, I'm sure they loved it. I'm also sure that Paramount doesn't mind bootleg material from their most prized possesion being spread out on the internet by you.

He also played unreleased Superman - The Movie music.  This was before the Rhino album came out.  It was from an inferior source, and in typical Ford fashion, in some instances the wrong takes were used.

Well, the source was Doug Fake, I played Two pieces, both of which ended up on the RHINO CD.

As for "Wrong Takes", they were marked FINAL takes.

They were probably the final recorded takes, but not the final edited takes. I'm not an expert on how these recordings are labelled, but I know the Superman score quite well and what was played was not correct. Others can verify this.

Oh well, it was after all four years ago, I'm amazed that you seem to think even  a issue at this late date.

I'm just pointing out to people where you are coming from. While you are attacking the credibility of one of this boards most faithful and reliable posters, I would like to point out that you do not seem to be a person with integrity. I find it very hard to believe that people in the music business do not mind you playing and distributing illicit material. Everything I've read has made it seem like the record industry is trying to stop the spread of bootleg material, while you say they don't mind. I wonder who I'm going to believe in this instance.

I believe the rejected score to The Mission was played as well.  Ford's explanation was that sometimes things just sort of fall through the transom.  I find that highly unlikely and extremely unprofessional.

And you'd be wrong yet again. The unreleased score was WHAT DREAMS MAY COME

I don't recall being wrong yet in this little discussion with you. Read it again, I even prefaced this particular statement with "I believe". That means I could be in error. It was almost 4 years ago remember. Oh, and that transom line is indeed yours. That is a direct quote.

Now is there anything else you want  to bitch about?

No, I'm done. If you're smart, you'll be done too.

Neil

Neil

I also wanted to thank you for proving time and again my comments in that thread were die on correct in regards to you.

Ford A. Thaxton

Ford please read your private message folder.

Neil

You know, Neil, you do have the power to ban this  censored  now. Go on, abuse it, you know you want to!  :devil:

Neil

Ford A. Thaxton

Ford please read your private message folder.

Neil

I have , would you like me to post my reply iright here for everyone to read along with your message?

If you have no objection, I don't.

Ford A. Thaxton

I'd like to thank Mr. Thaxton for the wrong takes in The Star Wars Trilogy Anthology boxed set. I'd like to have every take from my favorite series of scores, even the mistakes!  :devil:  

Luke's First Crash with the louder percussion mix is pretty cool. :)

Nick Redman produced that set. Ford was only responsible for the assembly. And please note that the two of them have not worked together since.

Neil

There was a very good piece in FSM about the producion of the box set about 10 years ago, that does go into great detail as to what I did on the release.

As for not working with Mr. Redman, no big loss form my POV.

Another person who doesn't work with him any longer is Lukas Kendall.

I'm sure there is a very interesting story behind this, but that is another

topic.

Some people might take your comment on the Redman issue as a Personal attack, now the policy about that does apply as well now doesn't it?

:-)

Ford A. Thaxton

You know, you need to flush that pompous attitude of yours. You won't make many friends with that forked tongue. All you are doing is burning bridges.

Not to mention insult his potential customers.

Remember Mr, Thaxton, it's a music BUSINESS, you should be kissing our butts, trying to get us to buy your CD's.

Stefancos- who thinks Thaxton spread around the bootleg cues from Star Trek TMP.

Not to mention insult his potential customers.

Remember Mr, Thaxton, it's a music BUSINESS, you should be kissing our butts, trying to get us to buy your CD's.

No I shouldn't.

But we areally have gone very far away from the topic now haven't we.

Ford A. Thaxton