Gruesome Son of a Bitch

Anyone else considering dating apps?

1 hour ago, Harry Irene said:

Really? People still fall for that stuff in 2020? I thought the majority of people would be smarter than that by now.

Might be more middle aged to elderly types who fall for that.

I'll never forget the first time my dad registered his first personal email address, and the first time he got spam. He called me in a totally confused and indignant tone, because we have the same name, whether I opened a secret bank account at UniCredit. 

It took two whole days for him to calm down. 

I used OKCupid for awhile with some success (a relationship), but later got banned. They never told me why; if you appeal the ban they just send an automated email basically saying case-closed. It was especially infuriating because I was on their A-List, paying monthly, and it had just renewed a day or two before the ban. Of course no refunds. I never sent any dick pics or harassed anyone (or even used any curse words), so I can't help but wonder if it was a mistake/if some community mod just didn't like me for my political views or something. Either way, I can't have been too bad because I was on the site for years prior with no problems, and on multiple occasions had received offers to become a mod since I was well-behaved, lol. Just weird. :blink:

Plenty of Fish is full of scammers/fake profiles. It's the easiest one to get matches on but virtually no one there is real, at least in my experience. The site also frankly feels the cheapest; they should really hire someone to do a complete overhaul of it.

Tinder, I get a few matches every now and then but the women there tend to be not the sort I'm looking for.

Hinge is my current favorite. More wholesome women than the others, and seemingly more interested in having conversations. I also just like the app interface better.

2 hours ago, Tydirium said:

I used OKCupid for awhile with some success (a relationship), but later got banned. They never told me why; if you appeal the ban they just send an automated email basically saying case-closed. It was especially infuriating because I was on their A-List, paying monthly, and it had just renewed a day or two before the ban. Of course no refunds. I never sent any dick pics or harassed anyone (or even used any curse words), so I can't help but wonder if it was a mistake/if some community mod just didn't like me for my political views or something. Either way, I can't have been too bad because I was on the site for years prior with no problems, and on multiple occasions had received offers to become a mod since I was well-behaved, lol. Just weird. :blink:

Plenty of Fish is full of scammers/fake profiles. It's the easiest one to get matches on but virtually no one there is real, at least in my experience. The site also frankly feels the cheapest; they should really hire someone to do a complete overhaul of it.

Tinder, I get a few matches every now and then but the women there tend to be not the sort I'm looking for.

Hinge is my current favorite. More wholesome women than the others, and seemingly more interested in having conversations. I also just like the app interface better.

I once got banned from a casual dating site years ago for using the word Feminazi. 

That was funny I have to admit. 

8 hours ago, Quintus said:

It must have been ten years since there was.

2020 is my 10th at JWFan and I only remember Alice and Ren being regulars during any of that time. I guess Indianagirl was around for a bit recently. Think that's it.

It's the classic mind trick "Don't think about a blue elephant!" When you tell someone NOT to think about something, they all think about it instantly. 

If the media and a select number of people, whose voices are amplified by (social) media, didn't artificially construct problems in the traditional male/female relationship, the problems simply wouldn't exist. 

The people who preach this stuff are the ones with the most relationship problems. 

10 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

I dunno, I just swipe, I don't stop and read every profile bio!

You swiped on a round face!?

Also, what does she mean when she says "good bird"?

2 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

It's the classic mind trick "Don't think about a blue elephant!" When you tell someone NOT to think about something, they all think about it instantly. 

If the media and a select number of people, whose voices are amplified by (social) media, didn't artificially construct problems in the traditional male/female relationship, the problems simply wouldn't exist. 

I wouldn't say that line of thinking is inherently true, but there are definitely some weird cognitive dissonance things mostly women like to air out as far as their cerebral beliefs vs. their own natural preferences. I guess a "woke" dude would air the same, that's what they want maybe?

Just be honest and don't lead any girl to believe you're exclusive; let them know you are dating multiple people.  They probably are too.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Just be honest and don't lead any girl to believe you're exclusive

This, but depending on the case you don't necessarily need to talk about it, like when it's just a "friends with benefits" thing it may be implied that the relationship is not exclusive.

13 hours ago, Jay said:

Just be honest and don't lead any girl to believe you're exclusive; let them know you are dating multiple people.  They probably are too.

I'd prefer both of them to think I'm monogamous. This is all very delicate tip-toeing.

You can tell them you have "a work thing" every week on certain days.  Break up the schedule - one gets Monday, Wednesday, Friday, one gets Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.  On Sunday, as is tradition, you rest.