Another Star Trek film in the works, by Noah Hawley

Edmilson

Paramount Setting Noah Hawley To Write & Direct Next ‘Star Trek’ Film

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures is in final talks with Noah Hawley to write and direct the next Star Trek film. Through his 26 Keys production banner he will produce along with JJ Abrams and his Bad Robot banner. I don’t have too much more to report on the film, but my understanding is Hawley will helm the fourth film in this iteration of the venerable franchise, with the Enterprise crew led by Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg and Karl Urban.

In addition to his groundbreaking series Legion, Hawley serves as executive producer, writer, director and showrunner on FX’s Emmy-winning limited series Fargo. He currently is in production on the fourth season, which stars Chris Rock, with Hawley directing the first episodes. Both series are produced under Hawley’s 26 Keys.

noah-hawley-star-trek-.jpg?w=681&h=383&c

https://deadline.com/2019/11/star-trek-noah-hawley-directing-writing-sequel-jj-abrams-chris-pine-paramount-1202785280/

A bit late...let's hope the movie is good.  Although it'll suck with out Anton Yelchin....but perhaps they'll have an explanation for Chekov's absence in the film....like transferring to a different ship or whatever. I just hope they don't try to recast the character.

Edit: I hope they bring back Giacchino for the music.

31 minutes ago, Trent B said:

Edit: I hope they bring back Giacchino for the music.

Nah, it will probably be Jeff Russo, who collaborated with Hawley on all of his projects so far. And he already worked on Discovery and Picard, so...

11 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Nah, it will probably be Jeff Russo, who collaborated with Hawley on all of his projects so far. And he already worked on Discovery and Picard, so...

Then YUCK. I don't like his music especially for Discovery just mediocre bland crap.

Get Howard Shore. He scored LOTR. Like with Leonard Rosenman, he scored LOTR and Howard Shore!

This gives me a flashback to Filmtracks' original Star Trek: Nemesis review that insultingly made its last line about how Howard Shore should've scored it instead.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

I really like Giacchino, but I never really cared for his Star Trek scores.  Maybe some new blood will liven it up.

If you've heard Disvovery it's more like he was channeling Giacchino instead of anything new.

They probably temped the show with music from those scores - even Russo's theme in some of the variations feels like a strain of Giacchino's - which makes me wonder if they wanted him all along but his busy schedule kept him back.

2 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Get Howard Shore. He scored LOTR. Like with Leonard Rosenman, he scored LOTR and Howard Shore!

This gives me a flashback to Filmtracks' original Star Trek: Nemesis review that insultingly made its last line about how Howard Shore should've scored it instead.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with the score for Star Trek Nemesis. I find it under rated.  The OST didn't help it much since it did not have that great of selection for tracks but it is an awesome score especially in the complete form.

7 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

4 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Leonard Rosenman scored Howard Shore? Now that's an image I won't get out of my head.

At this moment, the only good I can see that could come out of having another Star Trek movie out in theatres is that, maybe, the concert halls will start bringing back the Star Trek LTP concerts.  I've missed out of those when I started going to these LTP concerts in April of 2018.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:18 AM, Gistech said:

Well, at least we get to see what the finished Enterprise-A looks like from more than one angle.

Yes that will be another thing I'm looking forward to. I just hope they reuse the original CGI version from the end of Beyond and not redesign the ship AGAIN like what they did from STID to Beyond.

I do hope however, they change the bridge and give it a little more traditional look. Not a almost the same setup or Apple store flashy look to it like they did with the 1701.

• 1 month later...

This is just like Spielberg saying he's going to do his next movie. Wont happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Noah Hawley On His ‘Star Trek’ Movie & Connection To Greater Universe: “I Have My Own Take”; Updates On ‘Cat’s Cradle’, ‘Doctor Doom’ & More – TCA

Once he’s completely finished on FX’s Fargo season 4, Noah Hawley will be jumping into his Star Trek feature at Paramount “as soon as possible” he tells Deadline today. We broke back in November how the Fargo and Legion creator was beaming up for the next sequel in the studio’s franchise.

But two interesting takeaways from our conversation are that it’s not necessarily set in stone yet to star the younger cast of characters from the Bad Robot movies, plus it’s probably not going to be connected to the Alex Kurtzman universe that’s being built over at CBS All Access.

“I have my own take on Star Trek,” said Hawley when we asked him if the sequel will feature the most recent film’s cast, “and going back to what I loved about the series Next Generation, when a lot of franchises focus on ‘might makes right’, Star Trek is about exploration and humanity at its best, and diversity and creative problem solving. There’s nothing better than that moment when William Shatner puts on his reading glasses and lowers Khan’s shields. It doesn’t cost anything. But it’s that triumphant feeling about smarting your enemy. For me it’s about to getting to those elements of the show. I don’t necessarily find action in and of itself interesting unless it’s story. So, it’s early days, I’m still talking with Paramount and I have a take and I gotta write a script.”

In regards to connecting with Kurtzman’s build out of the franchise and whether he’ll connect with him Hawley says, “I should. I know Alex. There isn’t a mandate from Paramount to connect it. And on some levels, there’s a bit of the wall, the TV version and the film version.”

“I have my own story and want to make sure as I did with Fargo and Legion that I’m respectful to the underlying material. That I’m not unintentionally changing things that people love or feel passionate about. So, it’s important to do that research as I go,” says the Fargo creator.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/star-trek-movie-noah-hawley-doctor-doom-cats-cradle-1202826468/

Agreed. There are/were three different projects:

Star Trek 4
Director - S.J. Clarkson
Kelvin Timeline - yes
Chris Pine - yes
*canceled because they couldn’t sign Pine*

Untitled Star Trek Sequel

Director - Noah Hawley
Kelvin Timeline - no
Chris Pine - no

Quentin Tarantino’s Untitled Star Trek Project

Director - Quentin Tarantino (maybe)
Kelvin Timeline - no
Chris Pine - yes

Hawley's movie not being set on the Abramsverse might help making the backlash a little less furious over a white man taking over the jov previously held by a woman and an Asian man, lol.