6-Hinnah and Annah :The Last Remnant

7-The Delver: The Surge 2

8-Hino -Enma : Nioh

9-Vercingetorix :Final Fantasy XIII

10-Sigrun: God of War

11-Etheral Queen : Star Ocean The Last Hope

12-Xeno'jiiva -Monster Hunter World

13-Canoneer and Blade Bearer -Code Vein

14-Lunestra-Monster Hunter World...never beat that one so it was the limit of Solo play in that game

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Thunderblight Ganon

Hmmm..Which one was that? I remember those being decent, but not the hardest bosses I have faced, at least not with a bunch of arrows + Master Sword.

The dragon at the end of Metroid Prime, it was the penultimate boss. I never did beat that game and it's the only time I ever got truly stuck in a video game. Forever annoyingly, it had to happen right at the end of one of the best games I ever played. 

4 minutes ago, Quintus said:

The dragon at the end of Metroid Prime, it was the penultimate boss. I never did beat that game and it's the only time I ever got truly stuck in a video game. Forever annoyingly, it had to happen right at the end of one of the best games I ever played. 

And to think Prime 1 is considered the easy one (compared to 2)

9 minutes ago, Fal J. M. Skywalker said:

Hmmm..Which one was that? I remember those being decent, but not the hardest bosses I have faced, at least not with a bunch of arrows + Master Sword.

The one in the Gerudo Desert divine beast.  I'm sure how easy or hard he is depends on what equipment you bring in.  I was too stubborn to go out and get a bunch of stuff and come back, I just tried repeatedly until I beat him with what I had

Recently, one of the Valkyries from God of War. And I didn't even mean to fight her, I got lost, entered her tomb and then suddenly the only way of getting out was defeating her. So I've spent the next 2 hours having my butt kicked by her until I knew all her moves, what to do to avoid them, and managed to defeat her.

There's probably harder Valkyries hidden, but I got so traumatized that I never want to come anywhere close to them again.

6 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Recently, one of the Valkyries from God of War. And I didn't even mean to fight her, I got lost, entered her tomb and then suddenly the only way of getting out was defeating her. So I've spent the next 2 hours having my butt kicked by her until I knew all her moves, what to do to avoid them, and managed to defeat her.

There's probably harder Valkyries hidden, but I got so traumatized that I never want to come anywhere close to them again.

None of the Valkyrie encounters are binding. If you die you just turn around and go the way you came in. 

8 hours ago, Edmilson said:

you can always leave the area and come back later. Perhaps you didn't find the way out. Remember you went down an elevator

I killed all of them in the past 2 days

10 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

None of the Valkyrie encounters are binding. If you die you just turn around and go the way you came in. 

7 hours ago, King Mark said:

you can always leave the area and come back later. Perhaps you didn't find the way out. Remember you went down an elevator

I guess, but after a while, when I started figuring out her moves, I decided that I wouldn't stop until I killed her. Eventually I did, but that's not an experience I want to go through again.

17 hours ago, Jay said:

Thunderblight Ganon

I was going to say Waterblight Ganon!  Being forced to swim between platforms while dodging and attacking killed me on that one.

Of course, I have also done the elephant shrine first both times I've played, so I always have gone into that one with relatively low hearts and stamina, too.

On 2/5/2020 at 8:42 AM, Edmilson said:

I guess, but after a while, when I started figuring out her moves, I decided that I wouldn't stop until I killed her. Eventually I did, but that's not an experience I want to go through again.

yeah I know. I beat the first 3 with crap armor and it took me a few hours. I didn't want to leave things unfinished .But I wanted to beat the other ones too!

but Sigrun was pretty epic. I had accidentally used all my rage and didn't manage to finish her off. I had little health left but I lasted about 2 minutes of dodging her attach waiting for my spells to come back from cool down.. she grabbed me and I almost died and got a lucky healing sphere from Atreus.Then I dodged her divebomb and nailed here with the frost lazer.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 9:26 AM, mstrox said:

I was going to say Waterblight Ganon!  Being forced to swim between platforms while dodging and attacking killed me on that one.

Of course, I have also done the elephant shrine first both times I've played, so I always have gone into that one with relatively low hearts and stamina, too.

Since this post, so long ago, I have restarted this game for the fourth time, and I am amending my statement to say "Lynel."  It may not be a boss, but it is harder than any boss in the game.

• 1 month later...

My gosh, Malicos from Fallen Order was so fucking hard to beat. I spent about 2h trying to kill the guy.

The main problem is that he keeps getting some insane new combos the more the fight progress. As you grow closer to kill him, he gets new powerful combos, for which you aren't prepared, so you ended up being killed and having to start the whole fight from scratch again. 

You can only beat him if you master precise lightsaber moves, so you can defend yourself and counter-attack, but even when you're already repelling all his moves, he comes up with a new combo that almost annihilates you if you get hit.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the hardest battle was the end of Half Life2  Episode 2, where you had to drive around in a car to take down all the tripods. I nearly lost my mind doing that

I couldn't progress far in Half-Life 2. Sometimes even simple ladders and platform jumps into awkward areas just made me give up.

I didn't enjoy 2 as much as 1 anyway. What made the first one so good was it was set in an Area 51-like subterranean military base and you were fighting monsters and marines on your own within that setting. The city setting in 2 lost all that.

I actually found Half-Life 2's difficulty to be cheap and its AI combatants disappointingly simplistic. I've played much much harder shooters than it (Halo's heroic and legendary settings absolutely blow it away in challenge). It's a testament to that game's other qualities though that it is still considered a great videogame.

I'll probably play the first game's remake soon. And the recent VR one on PS5.

Some of the hardest batteles in JRPG's are often in post game contents

I mentionned before Etheral Queen in Star Ocean The Last Hope. Before you reach her you had to go through the "Wandering Dungeon" ,a  20 floor randomly generated dungeon with a boss on each floor. There was NO save point in the entire thing and it took about 3 hours to get to the last floor. Took me a week to beat it and I only reached the last floor 3 times.

https://starocean.fandom.com/wiki/Wandering_Dungeon

On 5/6/2020 at 4:55 AM, Quintus said:

I'll probably play the first game's remake soon. And the recent VR one on PS5.

You think it’s likely that Alyx will get a port? I’d love to play it but the way they marketed the game made it seem “too advanced” for PS VR. 

Horsepower wise it's actually not that high end relative to the PC gaming market. Plenty of mid range gaming PCs can run the game perfectly well. The VR SKU used is the main determiner for the quality of the experience, and there's around five to choose from.

• 3 weeks later...