Jump to content
TheUlyssesian

The Adventures of Tintin - Score Only Scenes

Recommended Posts

Wonderful job, greatly appreciated. Just one thought, though: I think the descening piano passage you hear at the 3:18 of your video here:

 

 

 

Is probably meant to underscore that immediate shot that follows of Haddock gliding down the rope, so probably so very minor editing was done to the sequence. But great job synching up all the sword thrusts and hits with the music, it was clearly JW's intention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome work! While I appreciate this score for its energy and how closely knitted to the movie the music is, it isn't a soundtrack I return to often. It gives me the impression of a lighter Indiana Jones score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

A wonderful film, and one of my favourite Williams scores from this century.

 

I totally agree.

5 hours ago, artguy360 said:

Awesome work! While I appreciate this score for its energy and how closely knitted to the movie the music is, it isn't a soundtrack I return to often. It gives me the impression of a lighter Indiana Jones score.

 

In contrast to this, this is the soundtrack from the 2010s I return most to because it is so endlessly entertaining and full of little details. My kids love it also, so this was playing during car trips more often than I can count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 9:33 PM, Romão said:

Wonderful job, greatly appreciated. Just one thought, though: I think the descening piano passage you hear at the 3:18 of your video here:

 

 

 

Is probably meant to underscore that immediate shot that follows of Haddock gliding down the rope, so probably so very minor editing was done to the sequence. But great job synching up all the sword thrusts and hits with the music, it was clearly JW's intention

 

Thanks! I figured since the twinkly piano has the descending feeling it might score the sinking ship. And I used the action theme for Sir Francis' heroics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this music since my first listening. JW composed music totally different from the Pirates of the Caribbean. He's a real genius. I couldn't imagine that it was possible to move away from Zimmer style. I enjoy those little resemblances with Elfman's Batman theme and The Unicorn motif and sparkle warbling from Mission Impossible in Dueling Pirates track (Expanded Score). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ricardo Mortimer said:

JW composed music totally different from the Pirates of the Caribbean. He's a real genius. I couldn't imagine that it was possible to move away from Zimmer style.

Cutthroat Island. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a pity this score is not better loved. I think all the pieces are in place - it has a good album, it received an against the odds academy award nomination, good reviews, and yet not many champions.

 

I was obsessed with this score when it first came out. I still love it.

 

The movie I actually thing is fantastic as well. Very well done adventure story with Spielberg showing enormous spirit and dexterity in the staging of several sequences.

 

I actually love the fact that both the film and score are extremely busy and jam packed and barely pause for a break before bolting in with propulsion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

The movie I actually thing is fantastic as well. Very well done adventure story with Spielberg showing enormous spirit and dexterity in the staging of several sequences.

Very much so!

One of my favourite films.

I don't think there's a single other one so jam-packed with full-blown adventure.

Infinitely better than a certain fourth film in another series...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the impression Williams isn't big on delivering what people expect.

He already wrote the Raiders March.

Why do it again?

 

Same with a First Order March in the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pieter Boelen said:

I get the impression Williams isn't big on delivering what people expect.

He already wrote the Raiders March.

Why do it again?

 

Same with a First Order March in the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

Anthem of Evil counts IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a common argument in the comment section on movie sites: Williams did not write music like Duel of the Fates!!! Honestly, he didn't have the opportunity, without epic duel can not be new epic music. Blame JJ for that not Williams. Blame JJ for whole sissy sequel trilogy. I would like to hear Lucas's opinion on Williams' sequel music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...