Build your own John Williams LEGO BrickHeadz

Marian Schedenig

8 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

As many here already know, I've created LEGO BrickHeadz versions of John Williams. Here's one of them at Williams's concert at the Musikverein:

DSC_3237_v1.JPG

(I also photographed it at Tanglewood, but that was before the beard redesign so the model isn't as accurate).

Just in time for his 88th birthday, I've finally completed the instructions and put them online so everyone can build their own:

http://bricks.schedenig.name/

Marian, this is a beautiful gift to us fans! Thank you very much for these instructions; I feel I'm about to lose a good part of my weekend to learning about the world of custom Lego!

A quick question: what is the meaning of the number after the comma in the parts list? (For ex., what does the 11 mean in "3958, 11")

EDIT: I think I figured it out; those numbers refer to the color codes at bricklink!

44 minutes ago, Romão said:

Anyway, great stuff, Marian, I'm really happy you shared this :thumbup:

If you say so, it must be true! :)

6 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Great of you to share this with the world! Regarding bricks procurement, what's the difference between the “Pick a Brick” and “Buy Bricks” services on LEGO's website?

Not quite sure myself, but one of them seems to have newer parts (some of which aren't yet easy to find even on BrickLink).

When I bought the parts myself, I got nearly everything through BrickLink (found two Austrian sellers that among them had nearly everything I needed). But I did order a few individual pieces from LEGO, including the glasses and bits of beard, because I couldn't find enough of those for cheap on BL - the problem is that many sellers have a minimum price or even a minimum weight for orders, so if you end up a few pieces short those can be hard to get without ordering something else you don't need.

4 hours ago, Bayesian said:

A quick question: what is the meaning of the number after the comma in the parts list? (For ex., what does the 11 mean in "3958, 11")

EDIT: I think I figured it out; those numbers refer to the color codes at bricklink!

I wouldn't even have been able to answer that without looking it up myself; I exported my model straight to BrickLink and had the website look up the stores that had (nearly) everything I needed.

Next up: Jerry Goldsmith.