Thank you John Williams!

Lovely sentiment.  I have heard so many professional composers and musicians say the very same thing.  I wonder if our dear Maestro understands the impact he has had?  At his advanced age, each year is a milestone that should be celebrated.  Once he is gone, I don't think there will be another with the same impact.  I am not just talking about fans but those of us who have made our livelihood in music because of his inspiration. 

I talk to Stefan almost everyday. He is my brother from another mother. His love for John Williams is immeasurable. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, Stefancos said:

For over 30 years of the 88 that you have been around, I have have been enthralled by your music. I have listened to it for countless hours. I have formed many friendships because of it, and it has impacted my life in ways that are simply undeniable. 

Thank you John Williams

Thank you JWFAN.

This was a very touching final post from our old friend. 

Damn you COVID-19. Damn you to hell. 

21 hours ago, woj said:

This was a very touching final post from our old friend.

I can't believe this.

I read his "Thank you" post, seemingly ages ago or yesterday, take your pick, in another, quite different world, and was quite moved by it.

If this is true, I wish him peace.

Why? How?

PS: Is this some kind of black joke?

PPS: Apparently it is. I am *so* relieved.

PPPS: In hindsight "joke" is a complete misnomer ... nobody laughed, smiled, chuckled, or was the slightest bit amused by this.

Excuse me, what is this in relation to?

Is this some sick joke from woj (that wouldn't be surprising, btw, I have him on ignore for a reason)?

Steef is fine. He’s still active on Facebook. Woj was making a joke.

I assume the OP was just Steef’s way of saying he’s taking a break from the forum.

On a ligher note (I am joking all the time myself, even dark humour, to have some comic relief, but this post above was not called for, I am sorry):

How is it that Quintus on those pictures in the original post does remind me of our Viennese friend Marian? ;)

Indeed: Thank you, John Williams! In January you made the 18th birthday of our daughter unforgettable; we will never forget. I thought this to be a brilliant start (together with our skiing holiday) of a great year back then. I hope the year will live up to that amazing start later on...

...I also wish the Maestro all the best for the weeks to come, as well as Stefancos and everybody else.