Caption Competition - Johnny meets Hildur

Fabulin

JW: You know, Steven was right. All the good composers are indeed dead.

HG: What are you talking about? My score is universally acclaimed, even by those who haven't heard it! Are you saying I could have done more?

JW: Yes. And your hair's too big. Now, go away.

21 hours ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

84953280_2469422149830420_1303873052257288192_n.jpg

Hildur: "I'm so lucky. I know I'm going to win. You see, I'm blessed with an unpronounceable name. I have to thank my parents. Oh, and by the way, I adore all your works!" 

"I've just won an Oscar, at my first attempt. Eat that, bastard".

"Yeah? Come back when you've won 4 more, and  had 51 more nominations, and you've scored the highest grossing film of all time 4 times, bitch".

"I love all your underscores!"
"Yes, dear. They probably didn't tell you not to touch me without permission. That's my gesturing arm. For when the music has changes in it, which happens sometimes in film scores as you may or may not know, and I need to signal the orchestra."
"I see. I thought those were mistakes!"

"Hi John! I was going to give you Daisy Ridley's secret Instagram account, but since you can't even unlock your phone without the help of your great-great children..."

"Hi Hildur! I've heard that Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe are looking for some ghost writers for the new SpongeBob movie, do you want me to give your phone number to them?"

JW: You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?

HG: Jerry Goldsmith?

JW: He's dead. Steven told me so.

I have nothing to contribute to such threads, but I was trying to assess Williams' reaction when Gudnadottir won. It seemed heartfelt and genuine on her behalf; lovely couple of seconds there, during the Oscar broadcast.

Nah. As I've said before, I generally prefer to leave the jokes, silliness and banter to my real-life social interaction. Messageboards are for serious talk!

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I have nothing to contribute to such threads, but I was trying to assess Williams' reaction when Gudnadottir won. It seemed heartfelt and genuine on her behalf; lovely couple of seconds there, during the Oscar broadcast.

That's a contribution...

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Nah. As I've said before, I generally prefer to leave the jokes, silliness and banter to my real-life social interaction. Messageboards are for serious talk!

...and that.

84953280_2469422149830420_1303873052257288192_n.jpg

'In the age of #MeToo John, this is the way those of us in the industry greet each other now. Your hands safely out of harm's way behind your back, and one of mine half-heartedly placed on your upper arm. It's 'woke'. 

'My dear, at 88 'woke' is just something I'm glad is still happening to me each morning'.     

On 2/12/2020 at 8:40 AM, Thor said:

I'd imagine that at this point of his career, he's just content to be acknowledged by the Academy with their tribute nominations. I doubt he comes in expecting a win anymore. He's probably happy with being the face of the craft's history and tradition for the new kids to look up to.