Caption Competition - Johnny meets Hildur

Fabulin

On 2/13/2020 at 3:30 PM, KK said:

I'd imagine that at this point of his career, he's just content to be acknowledged by the Academy with their tribute nominations. I doubt he comes in expecting a win anymore. He's probably happy with being the face of the craft's history and tradition for the new kids to look up to.

I have the same impression. Williams doesn't really care about wining, he's happy to still compose. Probably he would have been happier if Thomas Newman won, but...

I wonder if Williams has the curiosity to actually listens to the scores that beat his. I imagine if he asks his assistant to put on Joker, The Shape of Water, Gravity, the Santaolalla scores or Finding Neverland. He must be at least curious to know what are these scores that the Academy and the critics are loving so much, right?

And I find it funny to imagine 80 year old Williams listening to this:

"So this is the stuff that kids these days are liking, right? When I was their age, it was Steiner, Herrmann and Waxman, now this..."

Hildur: This is not just a defeat for you but for your children and your grand-children too. What a soul-destroying morale-obliterating devastating defeat. I wonder how you shall recover from it. Not even the pity nominationss that the music branch throws away on you will make up for it. The future is mine. I will ascend. In the past year I have won more awards than you have won in your career. Sure you can do rinkly-tinkly with your little orchestra and what not. But I have something that you have never had, even 60 years ago - youth.

JW:  Can you repeat that? I don't speak Icelandic.