The Passion of the Christ - Live-to-Projection concert from CineConcerts

SyncMan

https://www.cineconcerts.com/the-passion-of-the-christ

World Premiere:

April 11, 2020

Auditorium Theatre in Chicago, IL

CineConcerts, in partnership with Icon Productions, announces a unique and unparalleled concert event: The Passion of the Christ in Concert, which will bring the incredible faith-based Oscar®-nominated film to concert halls worldwide. It will feature a live symphony orchestra and choir performing John Debney’s (Elf, Iron Man 2, The Jungle Book, Hocus Pocus) iconic Oscar® nominated score while the entire film is projected on a 40-foot HD screen. Written, directed, and produced by Oscar® and Golden Globe® winner Mel Gibson, the film focuses on the last twelve hours of Jesus of Nazareth’s life. It received three Oscar® nominations, is the highest-grossing Christian film of all time, and will be first faith-based film ever presented in this format. 

In The Passion of the Christ in Concert, experience one of the most unforgettable films in history with John Debney’s unforgettable, powerful and poignant score. Starring Jim Caviezel as Jesus of Nazareth, Maia Morgenstern as the Virgin Mary, and Monica Bellucci as Mary Magdalene, the film opens in the Garden of Olives (Gethsemane) and ends with a brief depiction of Jesus’ resurrection.

Currently in Pre-Sale! Use code: MARY
Tickets on sale Feb 21 at 10 AM CST

https://tickets.auditoriumtheatre.org/production/3001/passionchrist/

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've checked the above link for tickets and it's dead.

I've checked the website of the above venue and I'm not seeing this program among their list of events.

And CineConcerts longer has that event listed in their 'Passion' page.

I've no interest in seeing this live with film (nor any other film concert, for that matter), but I'd love to hear the music of PASSION live, especially a track like "Ressurection" with full choir.

Maybe once the world gets back on its feet.