Rick Moranis Returns to Hollywood for.... a Honey, I Shrunk the Kids sequel!

Disco Stu

Rick Moranis hasn't appeared in a live-action film in about 25 years.  Disney has lured him back to be in a new sequel to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rick-moranis-returning-honey-i-shrunk-kids-reboot-1279000

Someone please call me when there's a thread titled "Disney makes contact with James Horner's spirit on the afterlife and he will dictate his new score for the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids sequel from heaven".

55 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Now all they need to recapture the magic is James Horner!

Karol

15 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Johnston's coming back to direct. That'll influence who does the score.

They'll use cutting edge AI to bring Horner back from the dead like they did with Cushing, Fisher and James Dean.  They'll even make a Horner hologram to conduct the score.

We live in exciting times people.

43 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I first read the topic title as Rick Moranis Returns to Hollywood...for Money...

He didn't return for Ghostbusters. They must have spent the last of the petty cash.

3 hours ago, SteveMc said:

The mouse gave him an offer he could not refuse.

They must have their ways to compel hasbeen actors living a comfortable retirement to return to a re-animated franchise. And I mean ways that other studios don't practice and transcend mere money offers.

I would think he would be more proud of the Shrunk franchise, in which he had a more important role, than his bumbling nerd from Ghostbusters. Maybe he wasn't as fond of that role. 

Who knows what 25 years of raising his children alone without their late mother does to his priorities. 

42 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

A sequel to a sequel to a sequel!

How could you forget Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves?????????

Image result for honey we shrunk ourselves

And don't forget Honey, I Shrunk the Audience! This will actually be his FIFTH time playing the role! :o 

Yavar

I think I saw the first film on VHS back when I was a kid. That's about it. So I really couldn't care less. But yes, sure, why not have a Rick Moranis revival. Go for it!

6 hours ago, Thor said:

I think I saw the first film on VHS back when I was a kid. That's about it. So I really couldn't care less. But yes, sure, why not have a Rick Moranis revival. Go for it!

The first film got only two out of four stars from Ebert...

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...