2020 Hollywood Bowl Concerts (September 4-6)

obiwan71

And this is where before he conducts the Raiders March that he will announce to the public that he is looking forward to start the next Indiana Jones next year! :whistle:

For the 2020 season, subscription packages (curated packages of 3-5 concerts) go on sale Feb 18; 5 or More packages (minimum 5 concerts not including seats in bench sections R-X) go on sale Mar 17 and individual concerts go on sale May 3.

source: hollywoodbowl.com :)

• 3 weeks later...

Now hoping that Williams will stay in good shape as the virus spreads... and that I'll be able to fly to the US next August. I booked my flights two weeks ago. I can do nothing but keep my fingers crossed! :huh:

• 1 month later...

Well, this is depressing... I can't see my trip next August happening right now. The flights I had booked have been rescheduled but given the circumstances, chances that we'll be able to (safely) travel outside Europe are getting close to zero. I don't even know whether we'll get to travel within our country this summer. :|

I guess the Bowl concerts are more than likely to be canceled, perhaps sooner than later.

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

I wish organisations would stop cancleling things in September. Can't we just wait and see how things unfold first?

That depends on whether they can afford to keep events active and possibly prepare for them without knowing whether they'll happen in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe that the Hollywood Bowl canceled the entire season. Since Tanglewood and Milwaukee are the only ones that the Maestro will be attending in the summer and fall, what city in what state should he try conducting with an orchestra? To me, I think he and Anne Sophie should try it with the Redlands Symphony at the Redlands Bowl.

Name a city and state for the Maestro to try.