Howard Shore's King Kong

On 06/04/2021 at 5:10 PM, Edmilson said:

So, apparently, some cues from Shore leaked on certain websites. 

And it's not great.

There's a lot of electronics mixed with some highly dissonant and harsh action music for orchestra. It sounds like a blockbuster score from the 2010s, not 2005. The leak didn't include the music for the softer, more romantic scenes, so I don't know if Shore recorded them. 

He was ahead of his time.

Man, these Shore leak rumours are never-ending. I have no idea how his very avant-garde Palace Upon the Ruins plays into King Kong but apparently so:

Okay, this makes more sense, transported into a large scale Jackson idiom:

19 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

The “leaked” score is actually cues from John Frizzell’s score for the film Primeval if I recall correctly

Yes, it's a 'rumour' that's been around seemingly forever. Might've helped if the leaker had chosen cues from a score that actually sounded vaguely like Shore, or if I recall correctly, properly orchestral.

This is the latest rumour, famously debunked by Doug Adams here at JWFAN against my suggestion (but still much more plausible than the comparative ones):

But can even Adams confirm that this theme will not play a role in the eventual King Kong rejected score (it is exactly the kind of melody Shore would compose for that type of love story):

19 minutes ago, thestat said:

Man, these Shore leak rumours are never-ending. I have no idea how his very avant-garde Palace Upon the Ruins plays into King Kong but apparently so:

Okay, this makes more sense, transported into a large scale Jackson idiom:

Wrong pieces. It's those two:

Karol

Wow, III is very LOTR, but with reduced string power. What's the point of this ambigious complex reworking of that score? It uses the same harmonics as Shore's LOTR and other film work - what is different here? And why is it an orchestral 'fill-your-title concerto/symphony/ode/sonata' using the same stuff in slightly different versions?