New Williams Feature Short: The Maestro's Finale (TROS digital release - 17/03/2020))

It’s the same kind of perplexing reasoning as with the Alien 40th anniversary shorts that Universal produced, and then, when the Alien 40th anniversary 4K was released, they’re not included...

No wonder physical media is dying.

I hate they do this and don't release this things in physical. I'm sure they have space in the Blu-ray. In any case, will this be available at Disney+? I doubt it but it could be a good selling point of their streaming platform to add all these exclusive content there too.

My understanding with the isolated score is that Johnson requested it but it was "too late" to get it on physical copies.

It looks like the discs come with a digital copy anyway, so if you buy the disc you'll be able to see it.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:48 AM, TheUlyssesian said:

It's going to be like 3 minutes tops - that's typically about the duration Johnny can last - with Daisy or otherwise.

What a champ, I probably won't last a minute with her.

2 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Agreed! It's not even that it's just annoying like those "Could have done more" jokes anymore. It's actually disturbing and wrong. Thanks for speaking up! 

John Williams upon gazing upon Daisy ridlely, "i could have done more!!!" :D:D

I'll wait for the YouTube upload. Not buying any version of the film since Disney+ will eventually have. Does anyone know of any plan to do a feature length doc on JW? Even a 90 min Netflix special. Would be a crime to not capture his story at this magnificent stage... while he's still with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh God, I love so much about that pic. Daisy hanging with John, John back behind the piano, John personally playing some of the music he wrote for Daisy's character, etc. This just warms my heart.

Would be cool if we found out this was played by Williams here:

4 hours ago, Falstaft said:

Just watched this -- quite wonderfully done.

Where did you watch it? Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but I don't follow the STAR WARS threads.

3 hours ago, Falstaft said:

Not really, unless you count a really lovely snippet of Williams playing the Rey's Chimes motif for Daisy.

4 hours ago, Bounty95 said:

Does it feature any unreleased music? 

There is a bit of Rey Training, and what sounds like Kylo's theme from Transporter.

Lovely featurette! Nevertheless, I am gutted that it doesn't include footage of JW conducting the beautiful new themes, such as the friendship theme ("We Go Together"), and, best of all, the victory theme ("Farewell"). 

4 hours ago, Obi said:

This page of score was actually meant to be for his wife as a Christmas present.. until he found out Daisy was visiting the scoring session.

Anyone else notice they recorded Princess Leia's Theme (potentially with choir, judging by their presence) during the TROS sessions?

That never showed up anywhere in the film. Potentially an alternate for her death or maybe an alternate credits suite? IIRC they also recorded a section of that concert suite during the TPM sessions, which also went unused.

watching the digital extra right now - there's fantastic footage of Williams getting ready behind the bar ;-)
and - there's also interesting story about 51 "pieces of junk" he's surrounded with ;-)