New Williams Feature Short: The Maestro's Finale (TROS digital release - 17/03/2020))

6 hours ago, Tom said:

"No. I have never done that, and how do you do it?" 

I love Williams.   

Haha, examples of times he has done such a thing incoming in 3... 2...

Another good thing I picked up is that they [lucasfilm] have access to that BBC Williams'EMPIRE  documentary. So once its decided to ever put this out in high quality dvd that would be great. Someday...

2 hours ago, Amer said:

Another good thing I picked up is that they [lucasfilm] have access to that BBC Williams'EMPIRE  documentary. So once its decided to ever put this out in high quality dvd that would be great. Someday...

That would be great. I've had that since the late 90s (on a CD-R), and have wanted a better version ever since. It's really the best Williams documentary out there, not only about STAR WARS, but in general, since it touches on several other scores as well (including IMAGES!).

6 minutes ago, MikeH said:

I don’t know if this has ever been posted but 16 minutes were uploaded in pristine quality:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/john-williams-scoring-empire-1980/zfxvnrd

Wow, that's great. Bring on the whole restored thing....NOW!

Someone should do an in-depth interview with Ramiro Belgardt to get some technical insights into John’s process with the sequels. I’m thinking more about the day to day nitty-gritty details of them having to keep up with an ever-changing edit, decisions about tracking cues, the revision process, etc.

JW’s pencil and paper process vs the ‘modern movie machine’ is really an incredible feat.