Fabulin

I love hearing about the Maestro’s adventures around the US conducting gigs and the like. It is nice that he is making many appearances - he must be focusing more prominently on his conducting work this year. I wonder whether he ever misses the Boston Pops days..

More from orchestra's website:

https://www.mso.org/concerts/john-williams/47702/

Renowned composer John Williams returns to conduct the MSO in a special performance of his music from the silver screen. Ken-David Masur leads the first half of an exciting program that includes music from such Williams favorites as E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and more.

• 6 months later...

After careful thought and consideration, we are replacing the concert schedule we announced last spring. We have reimagined the season and it will now include virtual performances, reduced capacity, socially-distanced in-person opportunities when the time is right, and exclusive tours of the new Bradley Symphony Center for our loyal subscribers and donors.

https://www.mso.org/news-and-press/virtual-season-announcement/

I assume the concert has been canceled since JW's name is nowhere to be found on the orchestra's page.

Orchestras can’t just cancel everything. We need to at least try to get some stuff out there for our audiences. But we have to adhere to public health measures. I’m lucky enough that I’m in Canada, and I should be able to get most of my salary for next season,partly because of the government’s help, even if it won’t be possible to do anything but small ensembles for small audiences. I feel really bad for all the freelance musicians out there.  Not easy to be a professional musician these days. Orchestras don’t make any money on a good year, let alone when not a single ticket is sold.