E.T. Live Performance Audio Track

Oskar

I just read the news :)

If true, this is more than we ever wished for. To hear the entire orchestra perform live on the E.T. DVD audio track.....wow....simply WOW!

October 22nd.. it seems so far away :cry:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But at a cost of $70 US dollars, it is definitely a ripoff.

joe,

As per described, the higher costs are due to extras.

I think this is fantastic. I don't mind at all to hear another recording of this fine score. I am curious, though, as to how they're be able to isolated it, since the recording of the live performance would be mixed along with the dialoque and sound effects.

I am assuming the "live" one would not be isolated.

I remember reading that one of the extras was supposed to be a few minutes of video of John Williams conducting that night. Is this isolated track supposed to replace that or is it in addition to? Does anyone who went to that event remember seeing video cameras around and in the orchestra?

But at a cost of $70 US dollars, it is definitely a ripoff.

joe,

...for the super duper collectors edition... the standard one is $23, and that includes the Williams stuff.

Wasnt there supposed to be a DVD available with VIDEO of the performance? The audio is fine, but I am much more interested in seeing the orchestra and JW....

According to the article from The Hollywood Reporter the DVD extras will include an exclusive interview with Spielberg "and a glimpse of the live orchestral performance" conducted by Williams at the premiere.

Which confirms the previous report from DVDFile which mentioned that there would be images from the performance.

That is INSANE. I'm not paying that. What are they stupid?? Do they really think that that many people will actually pay $70 freaking dollars for a DVD??

-Jason, who will have to wait 10 years before it becomes available on ebay for $5, and hoping it will in fact decrease and not increase in price

HELLO?! Did no one read either the article or my post?

The $70 buys you a super duper collectors edition. There is also a non-super duper collectors edition, costing only $23. Considering what you get and the fact that this is only slightly more expensive than most 1 disc buys, the price is VERY good. And *both* versions have both the premiere audio and the video footage. From what I see in the article, the super duper collectors edition will get you the original version, the soundtrack, the script, and a couple frames from a film print.

Read:

But even the less costly DVD carries several top-shelf extras, including an exclusive interview with Spielberg and a glimpse of the live orchestral performance conducted by film score Oscar winner John Williams at the 2002 "E.T." premiere.  

DVD viewers also will be able to choose to listen to the 100-piece orchestra's live premiere performance in place of the original score.

Was just wondering if Williams used some alternates like on the album in the live performance(E.T. is Dying notably).

K.M.

They will be able to isolate the live score for this reason: They had a mic and mixer system going. Although the audience heard the orch relatively unamplified, the orch was recorded away from the movie, so it is indeed possible that there is an iso premiere performance. OH!!! the nasty edit in the end where they took out the gun isnt existent, it sounds natural.

-St. Yodes, confused why he isnt logged in after the 4th time.