Why All the Fuss About AOTC Cut-and-Paste?

Ross

Every time I listen to Love Pladge And The Arena... it makes wonder what the **** those editors were thinking? That is a great track and it would have scored the scenes brilliantly. What idiots!!! More worried about the placement of a CG Battle Droid in the far left and back of the screen that nobody will ever notice even on freeze-frame, and mangle the score... duh. It just makes me say "DUH!"

-Chris, Who says "DUH! To Lucas and/or whoever is responsible for that music editing (SHUDDER)...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, that very section is discussed in the new issue of Mix magazine. It was decided that there was too mcuh score going and it was overbearing. I'm paraphrasing, but that was the reason the "Arena" music wasn't used.

Neil

You're kidding! Bah! Williams music is never overbearing! What are these people thinking? 10 billion droids vs. 50 Jedi isn't overbearing, and a magnificent action cue written by the living master of film scoring IS overbearing? AAARGH! :evil:

-Chris, Who loves watching scenes with "intended for and not used" music. I haven't seen one yet that I think would have been better without the music....

Chris, that very section is discussed in the new issue of Mix magazine.  It was decided that there was too mcuh score going and it was overbearing. I'm paraphrasing, but that was the reason the "Arena" music wasn't used.

Neil

Mm, sounds interesting. Are there other hints about music in that article?

If someone knows if exists a weblink of the Mix Magazine, please post it here! ;)

Maurizio

--

Re: Chase Through Coruscant

"I originally did a temp version of that mix, using nothing but musical sounds for the speeders. My thought was that the music score would be percussion-based, along with tones for the ships. I temped it that way, but John Williams didn?t quite do that, and his heavy orchestral piece necessitated rethinking the tonal aspects of the vehicles. In some cases, the musical tones that I made conflicted with the orchestra. Which was a disappointment for me, because I wasn?t able to push it into a new area. My reasoning was that we?ve done an awful lot of high-energy chase scenes, and I wanted this to be offbeat and strange. But it didn?t really happen."

What a jerk!! :evil:

Who is that guy to judge a genius' work? Surely, too many hours litening to noise has affected his ears!! :evil: :evil:

-ROSS, overdoing the evil emoticon

This is exactly THE reason why I want Spielberg to direct Episode 3. The only Williams score that Spielberg truly "ruined" in the film was The Lost World. He used the music in all the others very, very well. And the examples of perfection: CE3K, E.T., and A.I., changing the scenes to fit the music, instead of vice versa.... brilliant! And in cases like those, both film score fans AND movie goers benifit! :angry:

Well Asteroid cahse appears in the movie.... When jango fires the first missile and so. the action cue i think that is complete, the music following is another matter. What is the cue you miss so much?

Hey maybe Coruscant chase was recorded without electric guitars and added later, since Zam's vehicle engine sound are electric guitars, and john added it to make a rememberent of the scene... or maybe they were omited in the movie because the engine will get mixed with the electric guitars.

It could be like in Indy and the last crusade, when they are in the boats we can hear in the movie the tipical venice music (arp or something), that in the CD is played with usual instruments...