am I the only one who likes John Williams.

The paranoia, oh the paranoia.

I feel like I am the only person in the world who likes JW. Tell me it isn't true..tell me it isn't.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like JW he is a good composer. He isn't any body special its not like im a big fan and have some of his music in my cd player its not like i'm a part of a fan message board where we discuss his work.

john williams is so kewl i luv is musik for back tot he future and robin hood i also like his musick for lotr

He was an ok basketball player, but the legacy of the cheating scandal when he was at Tulane University still follows his to this day. I neither like him or dislike him, he just is.

john williams is so kewl i luv is musik for back tot he future and robin hood i also like his musick for lotr

yeah but you are overlooking his masterpieces like willow, star trek ii and all that.

Or is that deliberate, are you snubbing those scores?

yeah but you are overlooking his masterpieces like willow, star trek ii and all that.

Er...peeps maybe I've got my JW facts somewhat mucked up here, but he didn't write Back to the Future, Robin Hood OR Willow!

BttF was Alan Silvestri, Robin Hood was Michael Kamen and Willow was James Horner! Unless there are all secret bootleg versions where John Williams re-wrote all the music (which I severly doubt he he) I'm very confused!

wait, could I have been mistaken, were you referring to the sniper maybe?

ok ok so I'm the stupid one. Not being familiar with this board I misinterpreted everything. I am in fact fully aware of the facts...John Williams is that punk rocker right?

Er...peeps maybe I've got my JW facts somewhat mucked up here, but he didn't write Back to the Future, Robin Hood OR Willow!

BttF was Alan Silvestri, Robin Hood was Michael Kamen and Willow was James Horner! Unless there are all secret bootleg versions where John Williams re-wrote all the music (which I severly doubt he he) I'm very confused!

He didn't write Star Trek II either.

Neil

Isn't he a composer? He did Forrest Gump, right? Anyway, his music is all simple brass melodies. A Baby could compose it.

Ted

He also plays classical guitar.

He tries to play classical guitar. But in Australia they kinda dig him.

----------------

Alex Cremers

And he got one lucky break and composed that Deer Hunter theme.

But that doesn't earn him the right to be up there with all the major players in Hollywood. Hans Zimmer will soon show him his place.

----------------

Alex Cremers

:mrgreen:

This type of phonetic spelling is for kids who can't write properly.

K.M.

A lot of people love John Williams. They just don't know who he is.

Agreed. The person I'm going with to the JW concert wasn't quite sure she knew who he was, but I guarantee that she will know everything they play at the concert. :mrgreen:

Ren, I also have taught JW in music classes (at the undergraduate level, while still an undergraduate!).

No, I don't like him, he is too brassy. Jane Eyre? Too stringy. Hook? Too tonal. Images? Too atonal. CMIYC? Too jazzy. Paper Chase? Too classic. CE3K? too contemporary. Lost World? Too drummy. MR? Too cold. ET? Too warm... He's just too much of everything...

I prefer Hans Zimmer...

Luke, who cannot believe he wrote that :eek:

PS: I was joking, joking, joking. Please do not mind what i said :(

John Williams Rules

Luke 2, relieved :lsvader:

The paranoia, oh the paranoia.  

I feel like I am the only person in the world who likes JW. Tell me it isn't true..tell me it isn't.

Yes, you're alone... everyone else here just like to keep talking about someone they really don't know and don't care about!!!

Other than that, way do you think Mr. Williams is one of the most well known composers ever -- you may not know his name, but everyone know his tunes!

Am I the only one who is REALLY tired of these "Am I the only one who ______" topics?  :)

NO!

Apparently, Rogue Leader, you and the rest of the board were :) when I posted this number back on June 6:

Am I the only one who is sick of all of these "Am I the only one who likes..." posts?  

I mean, Jiminy Christmas, the joke is old.  

What's next?  

Am I the only one who likes air?  

Am I the only one who likes to sleep?  

Am I the only one who likes John Williams?

http://jwfan.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&f...iewtopic&t=3180

Let's look at that little beauty again, shall we?

Am I the only one who likes John Williams?

AI, your originality in picking a post is lacking, since I predicted it. It was only a matter of time before someone would follow the sad little "am i the only one who..." formula to John Williams himself. I'm only complaining about this one because I called it; I know there will be more to come.

It's quite easy to pick out all the sarcasm in this particular post, it's so thick you almost need boots to wade through. Just surprised no one mentioned if they were the only one who liked John Williams -- the guitarist. Er wait, someone did.

Just remember that Williams isn't the only quality composer in the business; everyone is capable of writing gems, even Horner and Goldsmith and *gasp* Zimmer, just as everyone is capable of writing stinkers, even Williams. Seems like some are mocking non-Williams scores for simply the sake of doing so.

Now please, say I'm not the only one who's sick of these "am i the only one who..." posts!!!

I think we need to have Ricard or Andreas make a new rule to kill these threads on sight!  :)

Damn, snubbed again.

Neil

Oh yeah I forgot you were a mod! :mrgreen:

He tries to play classical guitar. But in Australia they kinda dig him.  

Excuse me?

Alright, LOL , for an instance I thought you didn't get it. Now I know you do. Sorry. Nothing should be up.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Where have you been, Morn?  

There was a thread about to that topic that you apparently missed.