Far and Away (1992) - 2020 2-CD expansion from La-la Land Records

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Guys,    I just checked on good old Mike Matessino during this global pandemic crisis and inquired about his well being. He indicated that I should pass on the message that he is all wel

There it is, guys:   NEW PODCAST EPISODE! - Guest host Tim Burden presents an exclusive interview with Paddy Moloney of The Chieftains about his work and collaboration with John Willi

Stay tuned for a special podcast episode on The Legacy of John Williams about this new stunning release...

• 4 weeks later...

The Land Race in-film never sat right with me, I felt the edit missed sync points and wasn't mixed that well.

So here's an iso restoration for just that! I had to slow a slowmo shot further down, I reordered 5 shots, and included a single black screen.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, bollemanneke said:

LLL e-mail says last batch has arrived. How did this sell out more quickly than HP? Very happy it did though.

Quantities around 3500 seem a sweet spot for the labels these days.

18 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

And I listened to mine again today. Sounds too shrill.

Actually I agree with this. I was listening to this a few weeks ago and the sound was weirdly very sharp and also a bit thumpy at the same time.

Could have been something either the original recording I guess.

• 1 month later...

I listened to this album, well the main program, yesterday after not having heard it in a while.

Does anyone here have any opinions you want to share about the bonus section, like any alternate versions you like more than the versions in the main program or anything?

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Does anyone here have any opinions you want to share about the bonus section, like any alternate versions you like more than the versions in the main program or anything?

I very much prefer the main program versions of both the actually different alternates. Oklahoma Territory's not bad.

Aye, I remembering preferring the original, as first written openings to The Big Match and Oklahoma Territory more than the Inserts that were recorded to replace them with different music.  I'm glad in both case Johnny's original version is the one in the main program

I think for John Sr's Passing I prefer the original ending over the revised ending too, but it's been a while and I don't remember exactly

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think for John Sr's Passing I prefer the original ending over the revised ending too, but it's been a while and I don't remember exactly

Isn't that revised ending just a shortening that removes material?