Far and Away (1992) - 2020 2-CD expansion from La-la Land Records

Josh500

6 hours ago, hornist said:

His 90's output wasn't very good but this is quit good. Of course not buying this, they just want our money, it doesn't sound that much better. 

5 hours ago, hornist said:

Yes,  he was nearest to ordinary film music but thank god he is so much above it. Thank for the other decades!! 

Jurassic park always ruins my live concerts, like in Vienna. Great score with the film. 

Such typical modern day JWFan talk. Depressing. I though this was a site for the fans of his music but I guess I was mistaken. 

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

Such typical modern day JWFan talk. Depressing. I though this was a site for the fans of his music but I guess I was mistaken. 

As you very well know, it's a site for OCD collectors.

44 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

As you very well know, it's a site for OCD collectors.

I was just trying out Pasi' usual line of commentary that he sometimes dishes out in his fervor but it didn't feel like it really is in my idiom. I am not so concerned about the current state of JWFan that I would really have to bemoan every comment people make contrary to my own tastes.

16 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I was just trying out Pasi' usual line of commentary that he sometimes dishes out in his fervor but it didn't feel like it really is in my idiom.

You just need more practice! :)

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You just need more practice! :)

It seems Pasi rage-quitted the forum (again).

Hopefully he comes back. I need more fellow Finnish fans here.

11 hours ago, crumbs said:

Are you allowed to say how many other unreleased LLL releases you've listened to? :P

Curious you only want to know about LLL and not other labels...

44 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

We know that Presumed Innocent is in the works by Varese. 

News to me

It's not really the label it's the producer.  A Mike Matessino Intrada title will probably be more comprehensive than a Didier Deutsch LLL title, ya know?

I just opened my OST case to play the disc and noticed the back side of the liner notes has the same image that will be used on the cover of the LLL set.  Same image is also on the back of the case.  Very cool, totally did not remember what the OST had.  If anything it's a good trip down memory lane to go through the OST liners on other releases. :)

11.jpg

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's not really the label it's the producer.  A Mike Matessino Intrada title will probably be more comprehensive than a Didier Deutsch LLL title, ya know?

Of course, but even the producer has to stick to the limitations set by the label management.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Just think about it. LLL generally pay better attention to all the details that go into a good album release.

Intrada fucked up the Mummy releases, other than that, they are as meticulous as LLL.

18 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Of course, but even the producer has to stick to the limitations set by the label management.

I don't know what you mean by that.  You don't think Jaws or Apollo 13 didn't come out exactly how Mike wanted them to?

I'm talking about resources. Budgets. Time and money. And MM is a special case, since he's in a position where he can pick and choose, and he probably wouldn't accept a project if it didn't have a budget he thought was sufficient to create a quality product. He also get the high prestige projects, which usually are expected to sell well and therefore get a good budget.

48 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't know what you mean by that.  You don't think Jaws or Apollo 13 didn't come out exactly how Mike wanted them to?

Or Alien!

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I mean, they did manage to screw up the art on Apollo 13.

Didn't they just upload the wrong file to the website, and the printed booklets were always fine?

7 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

I just opened my OST case to play the disc and noticed the back side of the liner notes has the same image that will be used on the cover of the LLL set.  Same image is also on the back of the case.  Very cool, totally did not remember what the OST had.  If anything it's a good trip down memory lane to go through the OST liners on other releases. :)

11.jpg

Nice! 

Does anybody happen to know how much music was missing on the OST album? 

6 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Nice! 

Does anybody happen to know how much music was missing on the OST album? 

All you need to do is compare the running times on both albums. ;)

Karol

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Didn't they just upload the wrong file to the website, and the printed booklets were always fine?

I don’t think there’s any reason to assume that. Intrada has released several scores with badly photoshopped covers. It could just be that the airbrushing is hard to see on the printed booklets because of the ink and or glossy paper they use.

13 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

The music makes the film very "watchable". The land rush gives me goosebumps.

You mean "The Land Race"? 

I've only seen it once, in the hands of an average director it would have been total shit, but I think Howard did fine with it.

The score is obviously the highlight for me.

42 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

I've only seen it once, in the hands of an average director it would have been total shit, but I think Howard did fine with it.

Isn't the one thing about Howard that everyone agrees on that he is a very good average director?

1 minute ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Isn't the one thing about Howard that everyone agrees on that he is a very good average director?

Nah he's definitely above average!

4 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Is there anyone that loves the film too? Or is it only me?

I think it's one of the last films that reminds of the old classic Hollywood and I love it for this.

I like it well enough.

"Love" is a strong word, I suppose, but it's got a good time setting, adventure, a good look, great music.

Can't think of any reason to be excessively critical of it.

It does fit my general movie preferences. :D

21 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Jaws 1 & 2 only faults is the missing source music and that is Williams fault only. See

The intrada Jaws has all of the Jaws 1 source music, though?

No it doesn't 

Was there any other source music found that is not included on the new release?

There were two pieces of source music that John Williams wrote which he did not want included. There were various other things as well that were recorded but not considered for the release: instrumental backing for “I Honestly Love You” and “Having My Baby,” plus mono bits of Beethoven, Mozart and Hoffstetter, all used for the first town beach scene. There was also the kids’ band in the street rehearsing “Semper Fidelis,” lifeguard whistles, and things like that. But it was great to find two Williams-composed marches that we were able to include.

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=8269

On 3/7/2020 at 10:58 AM, Jay said:

No it doesn't 

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=8269

What a useless release. It doesn't even have the piano music no one ever heard of. Jaws: Thor Edition.

Wow, nice surprise coming back from a trip

In case anyone was wondering why I wasn't posting (I doubt it), I was on a Disney Cruise with a Star Wars day and Galaxy's Edge

K.m. Who hope he didn't catch the corona virus

7 hours ago, King Mark said:

Wow, nice surprise coming back from a trip

In case anyone was wondering why I wasn't posting (I doubt it), I was on a Disney Cruise with a Star Wars day and Galaxy's Edge

K.m. Who hope he didn't catch the corona virus

No one was wondering where you were since you already post so sporadically and mainly in video game threads. But you certainly chose one of the worst possible times since Titanic to take a cruise.