Far and Away (1992) - 2020 2-CD expansion from La-la Land Records

Josh500

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anybody got their copy yet?

Doesn't this start shipping on the 13th of this month?

9 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

No one was wondering where you were since you already post so sporadically and mainly in video game threads. But you certainly chose one of the worst possible times since Titanic to take a cruise.

I know. I was very anxious before leaving but couldn't back out. I had a sore throat the day before leaving and thought it might be a cold and they'd refuse me on the ship. But it cleared up the morning I was leaving  After the airplane trip (I hate flying ) it was a fantastic trip

Now I hope I don't get cold symptoms in the next 2 weeks. 

Damn I want to buy the Disaster box with this but still out of stock

I just listened to the OST for probably the last time.  Such a great score.  Back in the early days of my soundtrack collecting, this was one of the very first soundtracks I bought for a movie that I hadn't seen.  And not only that I had no interest in seeing it, but it had John Williams name on it.  I remember being hesitant and questioning my own judgment on whether I should get it... of course I was not disappointed.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, TownerFan said:

Stay tuned for a special podcast episode on The Legacy of John Williams about this new stunning release...

Coming up on Classic FM, a premiere of unreleased music from legendary film composer John Williams. You can be among the first to hear music he wrote for the 1992 film Far & Away, shortly on Anne-Marie Minhall's show 👉 http://globalplayer.com/live/classicfm/uk/

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicFM/photos/a.433117119259/10158433446629260/

Doesn't say which timezone but:

Listen to @ClassicFM from 3pm today for a special world premiere play of music from @LaLaLandRecords new expanded edition of ‘Far and Away’. @RealRonHoward @UMG @UniversalPics @johnwilliams.music #johnwilliams

https://www.facebook.com/timburdenvoiceovers/posts/10158021159222229

Yes, the show is available for on-demand listening for those in the UK... or those who know a postal code in the UK. ;)

http://www.classicfm.com/radio/player/

Click on "LISTEN AGAIN", "Anne-Marie Minhall", and "...Thu 12th Mar".  Introduction for the cue starts around 2:50:40.

You mean the album version?  There is no track called "The Land Race (Film Version)".

https://lalalandrecords.com/far-and-away-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

The version of "The Land Race" in the new main program is the same as the old album version, which was already the same takes as the film.  

The only new version on the LLL CD is "The Land Race (Alternate)" in the bonus track section, but they wouldn't have played that, would they?  They probably just played the normal version?

@Jay, sorry, my mistake.  Likely "The Land Race (Alternate)" then, since the host indicates that it is previously unreleased ("first time ever heard", "world premiere of unreleased music", etc.).

Yes, she could have been mistaken, but I seemed to hear differences in the cue from what I remember of the album version.  Granted, it's probably been years since I've listened to it.  But Tim Burden was promoting it on Facebook as being a "world premiere" (a "world premiere of a previously-released cue featured on a new release"?)

Of course this fantastic score's expanded release should be celebrated. I just dislike the fact that whenever mainstream organisations try to bring film music to the attention of their audicence, things like this keep happening. This same station has a Hall of Fame that can contain twenty-six piano concertos by one composer, but classifies JW's three Harry Potter scores as one entry. That's not good for the art form at all. I never implied that those giving Classic FM access to this set were to blame for that in any way, though, I just wish more attention to detail was given to film music on such occasions.

7 hours ago, Amer said:

We should be getting Maurizio to host Tim Burdens podcast interview with The Chieftains today. It was supposed to be before Friday but very soon it will be Friday for the rest of you. 

It's nearly Saturday in Australia. 

I have not and haven't seen anyone post getting one on FSM yet.  Maybe they didn't come in from the pressing plant as expected